Anemic

prickleyfairy

Reaction score
Hi, I had a really awfull heavy period over christmas and felt so tired, so went to the docs and he said i was anemic. He told me that i should either have a coil fitted or to go back on the pill to help control the heavy bleeding-i told him we were trying for another baby. So instead he's put me on some Iron tablets with folic acid called Pregoday. I've had to have a blood test too to rule out anything else.

Does anyone think my heavy bleeding could result in finding it difficult to concieve??

Sorry for the long post

Amy xx

My friend is anaemic and has had 2 healthy babies over the last 2 years so I wouldnt worry, as long as you take the supplements Im sure you will be fine :)

hey hun i suffer from it!! badly!!! I have permanent iron mediceine to take(cant swallow tablets)!!! You can still conceive fine dont worry xx

i have suffered from anemia since i was lil was always on iron tablets and havin blood tests every few months. I also had very bad periods thats when i had to go on the pill (this was when i was 14). But since they have calmed down a lot, i already have a 2 yr old. so i should see no problem at all in conciving. take your supplements regulary and cabbage is high in iron so it does help to eat a few veggies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back