And the results....are

Thoughtful1

Reaction score
Well it seemed it was more of a second opinion rather than what we expected so the trip to London confirmed the deformity from the right elbow down. everything else is fine.

We are being referred to see someone at Great Ormand St Hospital to plan after birth action on forearm and hand. i am seeing my local hospital Wednesday so might ask if i can have my scans there rather than travelling to UCL. due to be scanned again in 4 weeks...

Asked if i wanted Amino test? But all other tests came back ok so not sure the need.

Great news also is that it is a girl :)

2013-05-20120859_zpsb167948d.jpg

Great Ormond St are an amazing hospital, you will be in great hands to look after your little girl when she arrives. I guess only you can decide on the amnio, it is a big decision, and as I'm assuming there's no way you would not go through with your pg now, it would be to forewarn you if there was some chromosome problem with the baby.

The first trimester screening sadly isn't perfect, I know someone who had a 1:5000 risk and their baby was born with Down's. There are just no guarentees, but an amnio would give you a yes/no on that front. Can you not discuss pros/cons with your mw/consultant?

Congratulations on team pink! Hope your little girl will be okay! xx

Congrats on team pink :) I hope Great Ormand can help with any problems etc... but as long as baby is healthy it's good news :) xx

Ah congratulations on your little girl. You do what you feel is best for further testing. I don't know if that would cause me more worry or reassure me, it's a tough one. I'm sure great ormond will be fantastic it's the best place to be. I'm sure she's perfect in everyway. So lush finding out the sex isn't it, makes it so much more real! Xxx

Ahhh that is a gorgous piccy , she def looks girly.

The hosp are being great they sound like there taking really good care of you both.

Now enjoy some pink shopping!!

Lovely pic, what a cutie :)

Glad all went ok and as the other ladies have said she will be in great hands at Great Ormand xxx

Congrats on team pink and it's great news that other than her arm she's lovely and healthy. I'm sure all will be fine and whatever decisions you make will be the right ones for you. Now go treat yourself to some pink shopping :) x

Ah fab pic! As the others have said sounds like your being well looked after and you'll be surprised the amazing things they can do these days x

Glad you know where you stand now and good news it's only the arm and everything else is looking ok. Sounds like the plans are coming together for addressing the issues after birth. Hope you are feeling a bit more relaxed about what is going on now and congratulations on your little girl! xxx

Thanks everyone. they did ask again if i wanted to continue with the pregnancy, we said as long as its only the arm then why not?!! She can still lead a normal independent life so of course we will! They also said we were amazingly calm about it all ...the way i see it im grateful for what i have.

Regarding the test...he said that DS has been ruled out and it would to test for a more serious condition? We have no deformities in our family so it is likely to be unrelated to hereditary conditions....he made it sound like it wasn't necessary to do but had to offer it too me.
Also she is so blinkin active i worry about the miscarriage risk (had one last year also). So im confused as whether to have the test.

Oh congratulations on your lovely little girl!! I'm sure she'll cope with whatever problems she has with her arm as she obviously has a very strong mummy and she'll inherit that :) great ormond st are amazing so no doubt they'll be brilliant. My friend's little boy had club feet and he's now totally 'normal' after many ops, you'd never know he had a problem. There is loads they can do that's for sure.
You can go pink crazy now! If that's your thing... :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back