And now we wait... who's with me?

Rhelen91

Reaction score
Hi everyone :)

I'm now 4 weeks and 2 days pregnant, I got my BFP on Saturday at 10dpo.

With my first baby I had my booking appointment at 6weeks and my first scan at 10 weeks, but for second babies it seems the standard protocol is to have a booking appointment and scan at the same time at around 12 weeks. Seems like a long time to wait.

What are you other ladies doing to pass the time between getting your BFP and the first appointments? I'm wanting to hold off a few weeks before announcing my pregnancy to family and close friends until I've had my first scan and know that baby is healthy and growing properly.

Had my bfp 9 dpo, I'm only 11dpo this will be first baby, so I need to make an appointment at 8 weeks, I'm so impatient already! Butt I will be paying for a private scan you know the ones where they put the camera inside, around 6 weeks to make sure everything is going ok x

Here here!

Found out I was pregnant 2 days ago, confirmed yesterday with a cb digi. I'm 4 weeks tomorrow. I have a feeling these 8 weeks are going to drag so much!

Aww Congratulations ladies, at least we're all in this wait together. Good luck for your early scan Peanut xx

When do you think you will tell others about your pregnancy? I didn't get much support from family with my first, (despite having a job and my own home with my partner of 2 years) so a bit reluctant to tell them about this one. I'm still working, and have been with my OH for nearly 5 years now, our home is big enough and we earn enough to support two children but I'll no doubt still be criticised :( xx

I told my parents today but I was a bit worried, despite being married and us both in full time work. But, they were supportive which I was happy about. If they disagree with your pregnancy then just walk away and let them think. After all, it's your life, not theirs!

Telling people after my 12 week scan, even parents. Helen don't worry about what they think your body, your house, your finances and your family!!!

That's great, I'm so pleased they were happy for you and supportive :)

Yes I agree Peanut, it really isnt anyone elses business but mine, my family dont know about my chemical in september, or that I have suspected endometriosis and have been trying for months to have another baby. I'm thrilled to be expecting again. Cant wait for my first scan :D

I'm patiently waiting... 6 weeks today and I don't get an appointment til 9 weeks and the scan between12 and 14 weeks..... I had a mmc in September so the waiting is soooooo hard. I'm not telling anyone except best friend before scan to confirm all ok.
Rhelen my family don't know about my mmc either. Got to 10 weeks :-(
Just can't wait for a normal scan and to announce to everyone!!!

Congratulations to everyone!!! :yay:
Xx

Last edited:
Aww Good Luck with your scan Aragon. This waiting game seems to take sooo long. I just cant wait to be past the 12 weeks so I can relax a little bit and stop worrying so much :) xx

Hi ladies, how are you all feeling today? I'm exhausted today, even had a little nap on the settee whilst my OH cooked dinner :) xx

And me :) also waiting but will be going for a private scan around 6 weeks if this little wee one sticks... Found out 4 days ago at 11 dpo. I do find it very much nerve wrecking,

Congratulations Lilalylola, I'm considering an early scan depending on when my GP books me in for one, I got my first scan at 10weeks last time so if I can get one early this time I'll try and wait it out. It really is such a worrying time x

I don't go in til I'm 11-12 weeks, so the 2nd week in February or so. I have just thought about how fast time has flown since my daughter was born in 2011, and my son in September 2014, and how vividly I remember those excruciatingly long first weeks of each pregnancy, and now it is all so long ago. I know I'll feel the same way about this one. I'll look back and this moment will be a distant memory. It feels like such a long wait now but life goes by so fast it's nice to have something to make time drag slowly, even if it's just for a short while.

Since I work full time I'm hoping that will help make time move faster! I haven't got any symptoms yet really, the odd feeling of sickness and sensitive nipples. That's all.

The waiting is killing me. I'm 9 weeks, got first scan at 12 weeks and first proper appointment at the docs the week after to do all the necessary blood tests.

Nervous and anxious that all is well, can only hope for the best :)

Is anyone worried about their weights? I was a size 12-14 in my last pregnancy but now I'm a size 16-18 and I'm worried they'll mention my weight as a risk!

I was only 7 stone when I was pregnant the first time, so was consultant led and monitored morr often. I'm 9stone and a size 10 now so hopefully they wont be concerned about my weight this time.

I'm overweight, size 16 I didn't realise you could be at risk unless you were like morbidly obese...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back