Anaethasist appointment.

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by charlene09, Apr 29, 2016.

1. charlene09

charlene09 Well-Known Member

I received an anaethasist appointment through the post the end of February and thought nothing of it, anyway it's been playing on my mind now for about 2 weeks as the appointment is nearing but I lost the letter to contact family divisions.
    I found the letter today whilst de cluttering so decided to give them a call and see what the appointment was for.
    The woman who I spoke to on the phone said it was to discuss pain relief for a cesarean.. WHAT!
    Does anyone know why I'd be booked in for a section

2. Jojo84

Jojo84 Well-Known Member

Were you not supposed to have a section? I would call back and ask for clarification! Could be a mistake

3. Emmam1982

Emmam1982 Well-Known Member

I had one an anaethatist appt because I'm high risk, basically it was a waste of time but he wanted to discuss pain relief options-already said no epidural but will have spinal if section necessary, he also went through what to expect if I had to have a repeat section and also what happens if a section was needed under general and checked my neck movements and made a note of any crowns etc in my mouth.
    He agreed that it was a waste of time but had to be documented on paper in case the worst happens. I'm planning a normal delivery as soon as little man decides to make an appearance x

4. twinkle90

twinkle90 Well-Known Member

Its to prepare the doctors in case you need a section. Ring them back if you need the information

5. charlene09

charlene09 Well-Known Member

I'll just wait till my appointment and see what's said. I can't see them booking me in for a section without telling me at any of my consultant appointments, I've booked a 3d bonding scan for Tuesday at the place I had my 16w gender one and I have NHS ones at 28+5 31 34 and 37 so they are keeping an eye on me x

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk