Anaemic after birth

Discussion in 'Baby & Toddler' started by Missbatesy, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Missbatesy

Missbatesy Well-Known Member

Has anyone else been put on iron tablets after having their baby? I'm on 2 a day and have started getting quite bad head aches, I heard the iron tablets can cause them? If so is there anything they can do to stop the head aches or do I have to just put up with them? (Taking paracetamol to help) xx

2. Nicnax

Nicnax Well-Known Member

I was on iron after a haemorrhage, and had headaches too. I was on high strength ibuprofen and paracetamol after a difficult birth, and I still had the headaches! However, it is obviously safe to take, as the hospital prescribed them, and I was breastfeeding. I was on iron for quite a while, and unfortunately, the headaches were with me for the duration. :(

3. MrsT2011

MrsT2011 Well-Known Member

Oh god I remember the headaches they were awful! I stopped getting them once I stopped the iron tablets so no quick solution here I'm afraid just hugs x

4. Karate Kid

Karate Kid Well-Known Member

I cant stand iron tablets and I have to have them regardless of pregnancy so I stick to Spatone instead no nasty side effects xx