An overwhelming day

BabyBrain

Reaction score
So I bought the last few bits for my hospital bag yesterday, and Albert's coming home outfit. It's made it all feel very very real and I got a bit tearful lol. I am going to iron all the baby clothes I am taking and put them in there today.

But then yesterday afternoon I got a call to say one of our friends had died :(. She just didn't wake up in the morning. She was only 42/43 and her youngest son is only 12 :(. Far too young to lose your mum. She had no known illness or anything, I suppose it was just her time.

So as I was preparing to bring my baby into the world my friend was leaving hers behind :(. I hate being made to feel mortal and today I'm a bit depressed but trying to look on the bright side that at least she went peacefully and pain free.

I know that grief is for the living but can't help but think about her little boy. He has older siblings and his dad but no-one compares to your mum imo.

The cycle of life can seem very cruel sometimes xxxxxxxxxx

Aww... That is very sad indeed, and such a shock for a person to pass away with no warning signs. Like you say, it reminds us we are all mortal beings, and that there are no givens or guarantees in life. The family will need lots of support I am sure and really hope they will get through the days and months ahead supporting one another.
The cycle of life can indeed seem very cruel.
Big hugs to you too. Xx

I know exactly how u feel hun my cousins baby passed away a few weeks ago and it's his funeral next week and i want to go but i feel like i'll be rubbing it in her face that i'm still pregnant and she now has nothing, it's a sad time for everyone and all the best to you hun xx

yeah i know, i posted a thread on here a few weeks ago the doctors have now said it was cot death, but i really don't know what to do about the funeral do i go and be seen as shoving in her face or not go and be seen as an uncaring cow how doesnt give a shit?

Oh no im so sorry to hear that hun, any death is awful but so young and so sudden it just brings a tear to my eye reading about it.

It does make you realise how special it is that were all creating new life to balance it all out though, not that that takes the pain away from the mortal side

aww, thats so sad :hugs: sorry to hear about your friend, poor little boy. xxx

yeah i know, i posted a thread on here a few weeks ago the doctors have now said it was cot death, but i really don't know what to do about the funeral do i go and be seen as shoving in her face or not go and be seen as an uncaring cow how doesnt give a shit?

Could you maybe ask her mum or dad what they think would be best? I am sure they would appreciate you worrying about her. The thing is it's not something you could ever imagine yourself is it, so there's no way of knowing. I'd ask her parents personally xxxxxxxx

Bless you hun. I think i posted a similar post a week or so back after my friends mum died suddenly, and you offered me some kind words then. It is a horrible shock and really does make you remember how precious life is. Unfortunately none of us have a crystal ball, no one knows what their destiny is so all we can do is make the most of every day.

Thoughts to you and your friends family, hope you can all stay strong and get through this together xxxx

Ahh, Sorry to hear about your friend :hugs: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back