An introduction

SockVortex

Reaction score
Hi! I’m SockVortex :) Happy to go by Socks or Tex if it’s too long to write!

I’m a 32 year old newly wed living in Kingston-Upon-Thames in a beautiful art deco flat and I work as a graphic designer in central London.

This is our first month trying for a baby and I’ve been rapidly oscilating between hopeful excitement and convincing myself that it’s never going to work. My cycles have always been a bit peculiar, anywhere between 29-38 days (though generally 29-33) so predicting ovulation is going to be tricky! I’m currently on my third day of flashy smilies with the Clear Blue Ovulation thingy.

Fun fact: I have Autism Spectrum Disorder which is going to make my journey to parenthood a little more stressful than a neurotypical I think!

Nice to meet everyone!

Hi nice to meet you. I don't understand the clear blue smilies but if it's saying your fertile then make sure your jumping your husband at every chance.
Art deco flat is like a dream for me does it still have original features ? I live in a boring modern flat.

Mostly yes! The fireplace is intact though the floo is closed off so we can’t use it :( I hugged it when I first saw it, lol. We have a little coal store in the kitchen too :)

We’re slowly decorating to make it more inkeeping with the era of the flat :) Thankfully we have an understanding landlord!

Do you go to vintage events? We do re-enactment too :)

Last edited:
I haven't been to any yet but plan to this coming summer hoping to at least go to one are you on the group's on fb for vintage stuff I'm on a few but don't post on them very often.
At least your landlord is understanding that you want to bring the beauty out in the flat I can't wait to get a house so I can have my vintage dressing room.
I love 1940s fashion and history but haven't done any real reenacting I would love to though but need to find a group first

My husband is part of quite a few Facebook groups as he's always on the look out for a new 1940's (or earlier!) suit for the taller chap ;) The poor man is 6'5" which makes finding vintage clothes a real challenge. To find his wedding attire we had to travel to Sweden (SO much cheap vintage over there and all in incredible condition!) and ended up with a 1920s deep navy suit which fitted him nearly perfectly! My dress was an American 1950's lace with long sleeves and a massive train :D

We did a lot of vintage events this year, anticipating that (hopefully!) I'll be too pregnant to do a lot of the summer ones next year. Though I think 1940s covered the majority of them, we've also done Tudor, some 1920s (though not as many as we'd like as that's our favourite era :) They're just few and far between!) and Edwardian over at Hever Castle. I love the Edwardian day but I also dread it as spending hours in a corset and massive hat is so constricting. The best part is stripping it all off when we come home, haha.

Does your other half like vintage as well? We started by going to events together shortly after we met. We're fairly introverted as a couple so we don't belong to a group or anything, definitely don't let that stop you from dressing up and going along :D

A vintage dressing room sounds like a dream!

I know a guy who sells vintage he mainly does 20s aswell hes really tall you might know him from eventsJack bool's vintage emporium is his business name. No my other half doesn't do vintage but he encourages me which is lovely. I dress vintage a good bit if we are going out or have something we are doing I'll vintage up i call it can't wait to have a dressing room my vintage kit is all mixed in with my modern clothes at the moment which I hate

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back