An interesting kind of weird something to share..

jadeflorence

Reaction score
I had my ante natal classes on Friday and the lady who did the class (can't remember her name - mega baby brain lol) told us there's a reason why the cord is the length it is, basically when the baby is born if we were to just lay there and not do anything, not move at all the baby will crawl (more drag taelf with the movements its learnt in the uterus) up our bodies to the breast whilst the cord is still attached to the placenta, I was fascinated I've never heard of this before! Had anyone else heard of this? Amazing but truly freaky haha hope everyone is ok xxx

Omg that is by far the most random thing I've heard haha these little babies of our surprise me more and more lol

Wow how interesting!! I have wondered why they are different lengths because I've heard them comment on program's like OBEM saying things like 'oh this is a short cord'! Xx

It's so freaky and I think in a way quite scary lol learn new things everyday though ay!

If you YouTube something like baby breastfeedig crawl there are loads of vids on it x

I thought she was winding us all up at first haha I'd never heard of it ill have a look now, freak myself out abit more lol x

Haha mine hold us the same thing in BFing class, she even got a doll n pretrnding to give birth to show us :shock: haaaa

Amazing! I still find pregnancy so incredible, despite the billions of women who've experienced it!

I remember someone posting on here that they had a short cord as it wouldn't reach the breast and they wanted to wait for cord to stop pulsating before it was cut so they couldn't bf immediately and baby had to lie on their stomach for a while. Anyone know about the pulsating thing?!

Its just to let the blood keep flowing to baby until it stops then they cut it, meant to be good for baby because they get that little extra. I'm not an expert on it tho x

Yeh ive put delayed clamping in my birth plan hun. Xx

Yes i learnt this yesterday its no brainer really by delaying for few mins baby gets more iron and blood supply.
X

excellent, thanks. i guessed it meant that. will prob learn about it in my antenatal classes on thursday.

I got told this at nct and yes I do find it a little freaky lol but equally it's quite amazing x

Haha mine hold us the same thing in BFing class, she even got a doll n pretrnding to give birth to show us :shock: haaaa

Haha mine too! Was well funny the way she demonstrated all the men's faces were like bright red haha, I'm also hoping for delayed cord clamping :) just wrote my birth plan fx everything goes accordingly haha xx

Its apparently why your nipples become darker and larger to make it easier fo the baby to fine - found that out on my UNICEF breastfeeding course!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back