An Interesting and Perhaps Comforting Read

Discussion in 'Coping with Miscarriage & Loss' started by Sunshine1983, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Sunshine1983

Sunshine1983 Member

I hope it's ok that I'm posting here. I cannot say that I have experienced a mc or the loss of a child and I hope it is something I never have to go through. However, I randomly came across an author called Heather Spohr who had a very premature little girl who sadly later died age 17 months due to health complications related to her prematurity. She also experienced an early miscarriage in a later pregnancy.

I have been reading some of her articles on Huffington Post -http://m.huffpost.com/us/author/heather-spohr - and many of them relate to her life and thoughts on being a parent (she has gone on to have 2 healthy children since) as well as her grief, losses and views on well wishers following the loss of a child.

I may be wrong since I haven't experienced such heartache but I thought they may be an interesting/comforting read for anyone who has experienced similar, or knows someone who has lost a child and would like some guidance on what to say/not say to them.

Stay strong and best of luck to everyone for future healthy babies.

#1 Sunshine1983, Jul 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
  2. MissCharli

MissCharli Well-Known Member

Some of the articles are interesting, thanks :)