An ingenious idea but is it ok?

redbear

Reaction score
we have had a nightmare with moses basket covers slipping off so my husband started using pillow cases and putting them over the mattress, they fit perfect and I cant see why they cant be used. and so much cheaper there two for a pound x

Hi Redbear! I think that's a great idea and fine. When we were in hospital the nurses would use pillow cases when changing the little mattress on the newborn's plastic cot thing. We did that too and had no issues.
Xx

I put pillowcases over the matresses in the carrycots of my pram :)

I wish I'd thought of that when Harry was wee!!

I know my husband thought of it and its like there made to measure, and moses sheets cost a fortune for the few months of use. Ill carry on if hospitals do it then! Cheers :D

Maybe I should post in pregnancy to let them know what to buy? x

Wish I had thought of that lol! We went through loads of Moses basket sheets because they kept shrinking :/ I don't plan on using a Moses basket next time as we only used it for 4 weeks with Harrison (he was really lanky!), but great idea!

XxX

2 weeks before my girl moved from her crib I discovered the same thing!!!! 2 pillow cases worked fine. If only id known cause the crib fitted sheets were a mare and didnt fit properly snd if tumble dried the shrunk. I will know for next time for sure. Xx

tapatalking

Thats an amazingly good idea! Cant use it for LO as he's outgrown his crib and moses basket, but I'll be storing that in my memory banks for future use :D

I did this too as the ones made for my bassinet kept shrinking in the wash! As long as they're cotton and tucked in tight I can't see a problem.

Well i bought a load of those with elastic in and they didnt fit! They had shrunk in the wash and we where stuck without and he discovered it. Very glad i didnt waste more money as there not cheap and shrink so easy! x

What a great idea! I wish I'd known before could have saved loads on sheets lol

Xxxxxxxxx

I was raging when I seen that O's hospital mattress was covered in a pillow case....after I had spent a wee fortune on Moses basket fitted sheets. lol

I was raging when I seen that O's hospital mattress was covered in a pillow case....after I had spent a wee fortune on Moses basket fitted sheets. lol

haha i didnt see! They should make it more well known and save us all a fortune x

Can't believe we never throught of this! Thankfully it was my parent's money that got wasted rather than ours cos they bought all our bedding for the basket.

Yip the day I brought Spencer home I couldn't find my sheets so used a pillow case and have just kept using them!

My lovely little man Spencer 28/2/2013 6lbs 3.5ozs

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back