An idea for a website...

Rosieroo

Reaction score
I had an idea for a website, but DH said I'd probably get sued.

I think that anyone who has been discriminated against by a company because they are pregnant should publish details of said discrimination in order to keep the general public (and other mums to be) informed of such disgusting behaviour.

Then people can make an informed decision to boycott that company's products if they wish :D

But I suppose it would be hard to prove/check up on.

It is a good idea because I guess it would be a good source of info for others in a similar position. If the case has been proven in court I can't see why there would be an issue with libel but if it hadn't then I can see they could sue, but I am so not a legal expert (just scraped by in Criminal law) so someone might be able to answer that one. Even if you couldn't name companies I do think that a website explaining the legal side and putting other's stories on there (anonymised if necessary) would be a great help to others. Also maybe some tips and advice (such as putting copies of your letters on as they could help someone who is not sure where to start). I say go for it, its terrible that in this day and age women are still being discriminated against for having children.
PS I loved the letters, hope it gets sorted soon.

xxx

Thanks gals :)

I had to adjust some of my previous posts because my ex MD has written to me to tell me that had I gone back to work I would've been called into a meeting and given a offical warning, and maybe dismissed, for gross misconduct.

My crime? Going on the internet when I was at work. 95% of which was in my lunch time, what was in work time was Yell or Google for work purposes and maybe 1 day that I went on in the afternoon briefly for personal use. Therefore I didn't know if saw I used this website and would use some of my posts against me at any point in the future (don't think that he could've, but you never know!)

Don't blame you mate, you don't need to get more stress from your horrible MD. Sounds like they know that you have a case and are scared so are trying to find stuff on you. keep strong rosieroo and don't let them get you down, you're doing a great thing showing them they can't get away with this. xx

A website would be fab, i would love to put my companies name down for what they did to me, but as part of the settlement money I won, I signed a gagging order !! ARSE !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back