An "egg" question

CARNAT22

Reaction score
I posted this in LTTC as well but I am sure you guys can help?

is it correct that in general we alternate which ovary releases the egg? So it will be right one month, left the next?

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello,

I wondered this because some months I would ov pain on the same side as one before so I thought there was something wrong with me! from my research it can be or can be the same side two months in a row all depends when egg is matured!

I hope Google was right!!

Baby dust to you xxx

It all depends on the stronger egg being released. So you can ov from only one side for a number of months. I goggled this when my sister had a tube removed due to ectopic pregnancy and wondered whether she would only have 1 AF every 2 months... But nope...still arrives every month.

Generally, yes, I used to feel which ovary it was every month cos I'd get pain on that side on ov day. One month I ov'd from both though, which was pretty weird!!

I asked the doc this after I had my op coz I was worried I'd only have chance of getting pregnant every other month with only my left tube now.

She said that there are no set rules to which side ov just whichever is ready first and without actually goin in and checking every time u won't know which side, she also told me that sometimes they will be ready same time which explains non identical twins.

I found it intesting as I was under the impression the ovaries took turns in ov

Xxx

this month was wierd for me cos i felt like i ov'd from my right hand side, but then next day had ov pains in my left hand side, think they were both trying to outdo each other lol

fingers x'd for u all xxx

this month was wierd for me cos i felt like i ov'd from my right hand side, but then next day had ov pains in my left hand side, think they were both trying to outdo each other lol

This is what happened to me one month, and I got a positive opk, then a negative, then a positive, so I definitely ov'd from both! Very competitive ovaries :roll: xx

I usually get mine on the left side - although very rarely the right, I know that it doesnt go left right left right I think it just depends which one is more developed and it might just be that one side is quicker at "cooking" the eggs than the other :p

This is what happened to me one month, and I got a positive opk, then a negative, then a positive, so I definitely ov'd from both! Very competitive ovaries :roll: xx

Well we will see this month as I'm doing opks to track ov day and calculate my LP. I think it's about 13 days LP but can't be sure to be honest! Do i calculate LP from my first positive opk or what? (sorry for hijacking this thread!)

Well we will see this month as I'm doing opks to track ov day and calculate my LP. I think it's about 13 days LP but can't be sure to be honest! Do i calculate LP from my first positive opk or what? (sorry for hijacking this thread!)

LP is day after you Ov - day before AF arrives.

If you are using OPK's but cannot pinpoint exact time you Ov then it's normally 24-36 hours after your strongest +

So you can at least estimate your LP :)

xxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back