Amniotic Band / sheet

Jodles

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I hope someone can help as i'm a little bit worried...

Last week at my 16-week scan they found an amniotic band in my uterus (also called an amniotic sheet). Apparently this is something that could have caused major complications in early pregnancy, but my consultant didn't seem too worried about it at the 16-week stage, and told me that it shouldn't have any implications as it is not touching the baby, and the baby is moving freely. It is like a membrane going straight across the uterus at one end.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience of this in your pregnancies? Apparently it affects about 1 in 200, but it's something I hadn't even heard of until yesterday!!

Again, the consultant has told me not to worry - but hey, try telling that to a first-time pregnant woman!!

Thank you!!!!!

Jodles x

im sorry iv no knowledge of that. it sounds reassuring thar the consultant isnt worried tho :hug:

just wanted to offer a hug. ive looked on google and every way says 1 in 1200 so fingers crossed every thing is fine for bean, ive only know one person to have the same, and the problems her baby suffered were fixable after birth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back