Amniocentesis test

StephanieAS

Reaction score
Hi
I’m new to this so please if I have posted this in the wrong place I do apologise.

I had my dating scan this Monday 03/08/2020 and today 05/08/2020 I had a call too say I have to go back into the hospital as I am high risk for Down’s,Edward’s and Pateau syndrome.

I am 33 nearly 34 years old and I have had 2 miscarriage before. I have two healthy children 10 and 8 years old.
Please has anyone else had the tests?

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

I have had the NIPT done in both pregnancies. They simply take a few small vials of blood and get the results a few weeks later. It's very accurate if I'm not mistaken, like 99%. They test for Patau, Edwards and Down syndrome.
May I ask why they suspect you as high risk?x

I chose to have NIPT testing done with this pregnancy and it’s just a blood sample. As above it is very accurate but not diagnostic . The NHS screening tests are 85% accurate. A high chance is deemed as anything less than 1:150.
Hope all goes well x

I am sorry to read your story. I have no personal experiences, but a few friends of mine did karyotyping before ttc that showed genetics is the issue. They got pregnant via IVF PGS NGS and have healthy babies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back