Amelia Grace Elizabeth-31.1.14

Sophie_P

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Me & Amelia thought we'd start our journal :) I.finally have my special princess after a traumatic labour and birth

She was born at 2:19 on 31st January weighing 8 pound 2 ounces by.emergency caeserean(my birth story in birth announcements)

Here is a picture of our daughter
PART_1391417204148_zps76585a39.jpg

So first obstacle, breastfeeding. So so difficult and so painful. My little girl.is.not getting full therefore we've had to give her formula today, an ounce of cow & gate at 3pm and she's still asleep! Showed Midwife my cut nipples and she explained nipple trauma. I feel guilty introducing formula but I'm unhappy, I can't be a sad mummy
X

Awwww she is just perfect.

I only managed to BF for 48h, then I gave baby formula for a few feeds. I did express once my milk came in (day 3) and I lasted 2 months before I gradually started to move to formula completely.

Expressing was my lowest point, I wasn't enjoying my baby and I was completely deranged with tiredness.

When we went to formula life got better so I am 100% of the belief happy Mummy = happy baby.

Don't feel guilty hun, baby isn't going to benefit if you are sad and in pain

X

Last edited:
So glad to see this Sophie! Will be looking forward to following Amelia's progress. Sorry to hear your feeling so uncomfortable breastfeeding :-( I hope you can persevere with it and little Amelia gets full soon. Are you still in hospital? xxx

Thanks Carnat- think my milk has come in this afternoon as boobs are agony and I'm leaking everywhere. Is it worth me feeding formula tonight and start expressing tomorrow?

Rednursie- I got home lastnight, unbelievably tired but happy
Xx

Oh that's great your at home Sophie. I hope your getting lots of support :) xxxx

This is so exciting soph parenting journal!! Congrats again!!!she is beauts!! Looking forward to following this thread :) xxxx

So glad you're home, sorry to hear you've had trouble with the breastfeeding. Is it something that might be a bit easier now your milk has come in? I don't know about these things so forgive my ignorance! I've heard that lansinoh nipple cream is the dogs wotsits on sore nipples though so I might get some in advance. Mine already leak and get flaky and itchy so need to do something!
I can't wait to follow your journey with amelia, it now seems like the time has flown since you were ttc but I bet to you it feels like a whole other lifetime ago! Xx

Just found your journal! Xxxxx

Ooh, just seen your journal Sophie - bet you're relieved to be home finally. I hope BF gets easier and you settle into a routine quickly xxx

Midwife round again today, had my stitches out and Amelia has been weighed
She has hardly lost anything, not even a pound! I've still been breastfeeding today and a few formula top ups.
My oh is being extremely supportive getting up through the.night and.letting me nap, don't know what I'd do without her.xx

Hey :) sounds like ur all doing great! Ur little girl is beautiful!

My partner had an emergency section with our second child so I've been on the same side as ur partner x

Hope ur able to find the feeding routine that suits u all wether it be breast or bottle :) don't forget it's ur family's happiness and wellbeing that counts no one else's x

Thanks Terri, hope you're well.

Had a slightly better night lastnight, we all settled at twelveish, Amelia woke up at 2am for a bottle, then 4am, then 6am then eventually settled in our bed for an hour as wouldn't go back in Moses basket. Today me and oh had a good nap while she slept from 11-130. Xx

Hi Sophie just popping in to say congrats :) she's gawjus , glad ur all settled and she is feeding ok bottle tops ups are a just sometimes when breast feeding I always think happy baby happy mammy and vice versa , enjoy her while she's little cos they soon grow up xx

Really missing my bump today and feeling quite emotional, this recovery stuff is hard sometimes and I'm still so sore from my wound. Keep thinking I can feel Amelia's foot in my belly but it's all in my head.

Aww bless u hunni it is a little a weird the first few weeks after but all forgotten and healed by the little bundle of joy that came from it all :) I am so broody right now x

Bad night lastnight, wake up at 1, didn't settle until 330, then woke up again at 5 and settled in our bed at 6. Think she had bad wind so we gave her some colic drops which settled her eventually after a big poo. I dread nighttime, never seem to sleep!

Hope she settles soon and you start getting some sleep Hun x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back