Amber teething necklace

traci

Reaction score
I make jewellery as a hobby. Would it be safe for me to make LO an Amber necklace instead of buying one?

The anklet I got I could have made easily (I also make jewelry) they have used strong double beading thread and knotted between each amber bead so they can't all come off, its then got a varnish over each knot and the clasp knots to ensure it doesnt come undone. Just make sure you do get proper amber and not fake, I think you can do a float test on it. Dino daisy do a nice range, if you want to look at theirs then decide. I made my own moonstone and 'female' healing stones bracelet I've been wearing during pregnancy, childbirth and breast feeding.

I've been looking on dino daisy. They look quite simple to make. I've got all the threads, clasps and varnish already. I would just need the amber. I figured making it myself would work out cheaper. I've got a few suppliers that I trust would sell real amber.

Go for it! It's nice to make things for your baby, I would have made Kynons if I'd realized how easy it was. All the beads are quite round and very smooth so they don't dig in and the clasps are silver. I've recently miniaturized Kynons hand and foot prints into silver charms, they are really cute!

I am also a jewellery maker and I am making an amber necklace for Riven when he starts teething :)

Well done getting started so early bella, you don't get so much time once baby is here!

They look like ordinary beads to me

That's wot I thought, might make one. Was thinking semi precious stones could be nice to touch:)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

If you are looking for Semi Precious stones have a look on ebay, it is so cheap to get from there :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back