Amber has lost weight

amzhunny

Reaction score
hey all,

Had amber weighed again this morning and since the last time itook her 3 weeks ago she isnt putting on as much weight as she should. I explained to the HV the situation after her first jabs - she wasnt well and the doc was happy with her and they seemed ok.

My worry is - she has her 2nd jabs next week i have already put them off because she wasnt well enough last week and worried she is going to go off her food again. Plus she has been so groggy last night and today really having screaming fits and not eating -

Any suggestions - she is 3 months on friday and i know this si too early to try and start giving her alternatives to milk she just doesnt seem like a milky baby :?

Aw hun, is she not feeding at all? How much is she taking and how often? Have you tried changing her milk? Your HV should be able to give you some advice on what to do :hug:

We tried SMA last time she wasnt feeding proporly and it made no difference. So went back to Cow and Gate and she has had a really good week on it 6 oz 5 times a day she was on..

Last night and today she will only have about 2 oz each feed her morning feed she had 5 oz so she was really hungary. She is very sleepy today - do you think she is just having an off day?

It could be, Maddison has been off her food a bit over last 2 days because she has a bit of the cold :( She is also quite sleepy today :hug:

I haven't really got any good advice I just wanted to say I have been through the same thing with my youngest daughter. She would only gain a couple of ounces or she would loose weight all the time. She just never liked milk! I tried changing her milk and she picked up for a few days then went off it again. I started weaning her early, about 16 weeks she was cos she just wouldn't drink her milk. Some days she would have like 7 ounces all day and I couldn't get anymore into her. I used to have to keep a food diary to show the HV every week. Shes not much different now though and still hardly eats.
Hope things get sorted out for you soon I know how much of a worry it can be :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back