Amber bracelets/necklaces...

Mrs Wibbily

Reaction score
Who rates them?

Finn has yet to grow some teeth but has started to become fussy so I was wondering if getting some amber would be good. One of my friends has one and she loves it for her little boy.

Just after some opinions please ladies.

Thanks in advance. Xxx

I personally don't like the idea of the necklace but wouldn't mind trying a bracelet on their ankle or something. Haven't actually used one but looked after a child with a necklace and wouldn't have anything around my own child's neck xxx

James has shown zero signs of teething yet but I think I am going to get an anklet when he does.

Not sure how you choose which one is best though.

Is it def teething or could it be leap time hun? I know there is a leap around 37 weeks (the fussy period can start from 33.5w)

xxxxxxxx

A friend bought me an amber necklace when O was born. I love the idea of amber but hate the idea of something being around his neck. He's such a grabby wee baby too. His bib is never out of his hands so I don't like the idea of him grabbing that. Could I strip off the beads & make an anklet for him?

We had an anklet for C when he was mini and switched over to a necklace when he was 7months old. He hasn't even registered it is on!!

I personally like it, I am not sure if it actually works but he is so chilled out unless a tooth is actually cutting that I am not going to take it off to see if it is the amber. Xx

I was thinking of the place James is least likely to be interested in something wrapped round him which is why I will go for an anklet.

I am going to see how he gets on first though, and I have my teething gel / granules and some Calpol so I'll try the conventional method too.

My oldest nephew never teethed with his first lot of teeth. I think it was only the bigger teeth he had some discomfort with... my sis would just wake up one day and he'd have more teeth :lol:

xxxxxx

We have both necklace and anklet. Personally I think the necklace is of better quality and seems to be working. I've tried it before when Daisy Grace was very small but it was around the time of the feeding drama and I took it off incase it wasnt helping. This time though shes cut 2 bottom teeth without so much as a rosey cheek. Dont get me wrong there is dribbles and chewing oing on but shes not in any apparent pain.

As amber is a natural source of heeling properties its best worn to the source of pain. Hence why the necklaces are good. Im not taking this off now and daisy hasnt registered it either xx
tapatalking

I saw no difference at all when Ethan's anklet was on/off. Saying that, he doesn't fuss too much when cutting a tooth anyway. Maybe slightly less drooly and red cheeked with the anklet on? We took it off though, as he has the adjustable anklet with the metal clip, which kept digging into his ankle (wouldn't recommend one of those). But, to be honest, I probably wouldn't bother buying one again xx

James has shown zero signs of teething yet but I think I am going to get an anklet when he does.

Not sure how you choose which one is best though.

Is it def teething or could it be leap time hun? I know there is a leap around 37 weeks (the fussy period can start from 33.5w)

xxxxxxxx

Bloody leaps.... Probably has something to do with it!:lol: x

We got Harry an anklet but it just wouldn't stay on - it ended up in his nappy a couple of times so we gave up! Didn't fancy the idea of a necklace... xxx

We have a lil anklet on Drake which I keep tucked in his sock. Personally I think it has helped, we don't often have to use teething powders, but I'm not taking it off to find out lol. If I have another baby I'd definitely get another.

We have a necklace for G, and you'd never know she's cutting 4 molars. Had the anklet when she was smaller, but necklace is more effective as its closer to teeth.

It has a safety catch, when she had anklet on I wrapped necklace round my wrist to see if it helped my arthritis , and it came off in bed every time, so I have no doubt the safety clasp works!!

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

We have a necklace. She dosent notice it and to be honest I don't see it as a major danger either if she pulls it.
The beads are individually knotted. I tried to pull one apart with all of my force and it just didn't happen so I really doubt she can do it.
I regularly check it every coupes of weeks an try all knots.
We have 2 teeth I just found them there one day. I had no idea she is teething.
One more coincidence or not is that she slept through shortly after I put her necklace on at 3.5 m.
It may all be a coincidence but I am not getting it out to find out!
We have a dark color that makes great contrast with her skin color and looks fabulous at every photo too :)

We had an anklet for C when he was mini and switched over to a necklace when he was 7months old. He hasn't even registered it is on!!

I personally like it, I am not sure if it actually works but he is so chilled out unless a tooth is actually cutting that I am not going to take it off to see if it is the amber. Xx

With C being a boy does a necklace look ok? I'm all for it. Do you leave it on ALL the time? Oh and where do I buy one?xx

Thought the anklet worked to an extent but Eva has been mega drooly lately which is unlike her so not sure now...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

We have the anklet and it definitely made T less dribbley. But it made him a lot more fussy, I'm not entirely surprised as my husband is a severe hayfever sufferer (tree pollen) and I havd an anaphylactic reaction to aspirin (which is naturally derived from willow bark) so when it wasn't right for him I took it off and he was better. So not surprised he didn't get on with it.

Next time he gets a tooth through I'll try it again, but I don't think it's for him.

I got mine from Dino Daisy and I can't recommend them enough. The lady it that runs it is helpful beyond belief and I would buy anything again from her in a heartbeat.

With C being a boy does a necklace look ok? I'm all for it. Do you leave it on ALL the time? Oh and where do I buy one?xx

Here is C in his.... I think he looks
cuteImageUploadedByTapatalk1372146879.740120.jpg.

We got both our anklet and necklace from Dino Daisy and like FBE I can't recommend her enough xx

Super gorgeous as usual. :) I'm gonna get one I've decided just to give it a go.

Thanks for all your replies ladies. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back