Amber 31/12/07 at 6.37am*PIC UPDATE*

leighannex

Reaction score
started get contractions at 4am on sunday morning, they lasted around 4hours, died down for 2hours, return for about 5hours, so on. i was getting contraction every 1-2 hour which lasted for up to 4minutes.
i had alot of doubts whther i was actual in labour or not, my contractions never got down to being 5mins apart. Come 12 i was shattered so headed to bed, within 20mins, my contractions were 5mins apart, and felt as though i was getting one on top of the other. My mother rang hos around 1am they asked me go down and get checked. Got hospital by 1:30am, by 2am i had been seen by a midwife who confirmed i was 4cm going on 5cm, i took it as a huge shock, so did she. so that was me in for the time being. From the midwife doing an external check i start to lose my plug and had bloody show. She told me not to hasitate about asking for any pain relief but i said no, i felt as though i could take a few more. Midwife explained if i was to not start using anything, chances are wasnt going to work as well, because i was so dilated but i dont think really paid much attention (lol) 15mins later, i was on gas and air, didnt half make me be sick, and didnt help me at all. Within around 30mins i was in so much pain i asked for a pethdine or whatever it is. (Doesnt half make you feel drunk, was great lol) Pain was really starting to get to me by thus point, i couldnt walk through contractions, i couldnt sit still, i couldnt lie couldnt do anything basically really peed me off. I ended up just doing breathing technique, be honest that did ... all.

Due another internal check at 6am, by this time i was 8cm and in agnoy!! i started to get even more stronger contractions, my midwife explained me about how i may feel like i have the urgh push in my bum and that i shouldnt do it no matter how big urge gets. Remember sitting on the loo, and i had the biggest urge ever, i said im getting them now, said its fine dont push, got back bed got another one, was worse, started get annoyed and kind of shouted "Need to push" She decided to do another check was 30mins later, and i was fully dilated, so she broke my waters and got underway for the pushing stage.

Take my hat off to women who can go through this more than once, i seriously found it extremely difficult and felt like i was getting nowhere, and it really hurt me like crazy. Just under 15mins i had pushed my baby out, i to have a period where i stopped as she had poo'd in me. So she arrived at 6.47am and was gorgeous!! The midwife was shocked how well she had copied and her heartrate never dipped as she had a proper knot in the cord (didnt surprize me lol) She came out with left hand on her ear so i needed one internal stitch

S4300397.jpg

Photo-0080.jpg

Photo-0081.jpg

Photo-0082.jpg

She weights 8lb 10oz
names amber :)
31/12/07

i will post few pictures on my profile

happy new year

leighannex

THIS IS AMBER NOW 8)
S430063288Resized.jpg

S4300574resized.jpg

S4300577resized.jpg

She is absolutely beautiful, and what a lovely name too.

Thank you for sharing your birth story xxx

aww congratulations shes gorgeous, Amber is a beautiful name!

Congratulations! :cheer: Loving the name, I was going to call Aimee Amber :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back