Amazing news

ScotchEgg

Reaction score
I have just been sent this article. It's the first baby born from the clinical trial we took part in. Sausage Roll will be the third to my knowledge.

We wanted to give something back by taking part in this trial, for all the trials people have done before which made treatment available for us. We went through the different protocol knowing it could result in a failed cycle with no eggs, never really seeing how much of a big deal it really was.

I feel so emotional reading this article and seeing what a part of medical progress our little one has been and it's not even here yet!

Www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-22935211

That must be so good for you to read and knowing too that you are going to be a part of something that will go on to help other women who are needing IVF is a great thing Scotch! There was an interesting procedure piloted up here in Glasgow too that should improve IVF chances due to being able to check for the 'ultimate' egg quality. I read all of these articles with such interest, as I know as do you, just how damn important and life altering they are!!!!

Oh and can't believe Sausage Roll is 22 weeks!!!

Last edited:
I read a similar article yesterday, I wondered if it was the same trial you'd mentioned.

oooh

You and pp making little sr is making medical history!

Thats really exciting! I had wondered if that was the trial you were on.

Hi hun I am the only ivf pregnancy in tri 3 .loved . reading that article. ..its truly amazing. So happy for u .
We were very lucky to fall first time I thankfully didnt get ohss.....
I look forward to seeing u in tri 3 u will be there very soon xxx

Ahh scotch thats fab that you both and sausage roll are part of making this happen,ohss is so dangerous butits too easy to ignore the risks as your desperate and nothing else is available. Lets hope they get lots more babies from it and ok's fir more trials.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back