Am i weird?

xrachx

Reaction score
Right this may sound really odd but i gotta ask, i have been having awful thoughts and it is really upsetting, i keep thinking that something really awful is going to happen to Glenn, when i am layed in bed at night my mind runs away with its self and i have really bad thoughts, like he is going to come to some harm or someone is going to do something to him, i cant remember having these thoughts when my others were babies (i probably did) so i was wondering if anyone else has had the same thing and what it could be, its awful and i hate it! it makes tears come to my eyes sometimes and i just have to pick him up and give him a cuddle, am i weird?

I think it's a mum thing to be fair. I always worry that ryan won't wake up :( so when I'm on one of those nights I go up to check on him loads, and appreciate the 3am feed because I'm like phew thank god he's still alive. It feels like maybe I'm a bit paranoid but I think every mum/parent worries about their children too. If it's not breathing during the night, it's are they home safe, have they got stung by a bee, are they taking drugs, are they getting mugged... I doubt it stops :? Oh dear what a life we have ahead of us :?

It's very normal, I've always had these horrible thoughts, especially at night when you're mind wanders cos it's not busy.

i have those thoughts too, but i always have. (before millie it was about other people i loved). not very often, but when i do they are very morbid and horrible and i have to shake my head and slap my face to stop it!

ohhh thank god its not just me, its awful isnt it...he is just my heart and soul and i hate these thoughts.

It s ahorrible feeling isnt it. I had these these thoughts a lot after madeline mccann went missing. They are the people most important to you.

I don't have a baby yet. But I bought a baby monitor with a sensor mat that flashes everytime there is movement so I can watch baby breathing from another room. It sounds pretty normal to me to worry! :hug:

I still have them now - and like Trixiepaws says - about other people too. As DS has grown I've gone through fear stages about cot death, childhood cancer, meningitis, run over, abducted, ..just about anything you can think of :oops:

kalia said:
I don't have a baby yet. But I bought a baby monitor with a sensor mat that flashes everytime there is movement so I can watch baby breathing from another room. It sounds pretty normal to me to worry! :hug:

Yip! Me too! I have a babysense monitor and I love it. I can watch the wee green light as I fall asleep. Mhairi is just tooooo precious and I have these thoughts alllll the time.....horrible!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back