am i the only one??

lisa_davidson

Reaction score
hi,
well i know when i had isaiah 6 months ago i said that i couldn't even dream of going through the trauma of it all again. and everyone said give it a month...she'll change her mind! well...i haven't...the thought of finding out i'm pregnant again petrifies me!!! i feel sad cos i would love another but i'm currently looking into adopting. i don't feel that it will ever seem like a possiblilty for me again.

does anyone else feel like this??

i seemed to have loads of pain during pregnancy, then a bad birth experience that ended in c section. then a baby with colic for 5 months. i feel like it all went wrong. don't get me wrong- i love my son !!

luv lisa

you may feel different in a few years. my lil girl is now 2 and we are trying to conceive. i too had a bad 1st experience. 36 hours of labour , epidural then forceps and stitches. i always swore never again and now i am excited and cant wait to do it again.
give it time.
xxx
p.s although adopting is a really nice idea though :hug: :hug:

i dont thnow in i can imaging through childbirth agen but i know i prop change my mind in a couple of years.
xnatx

There's nothing wrong with not wanting to go through all that again, adopting is a great idea :) I wish I had a bigger house, then I would adopt too.

lisa_davidson said:
hi,
well i know when i had isaiah 6 months ago i said that i couldn't even dream of going through the trauma of it all again. and everyone said give it a month...she'll change her mind! well...i haven't...the thought of finding out i'm pregnant again petrifies me!!! i feel sad cos i would love another but i'm currently looking into adopting. i don't feel that it will ever seem like a possiblilty for me again.

does anyone else feel like this??

i seemed to have loads of pain during pregnancy, then a bad birth experience that ended in c section. then a baby with colic for 5 months. i feel like it all went wrong. don't get me wrong- i love my son !!

luv lisa

Ooo OOooo Me... !!!! I felt like that.. still do actually..

I love Tia with all my heart.... I would go though all the pain and discomfort for her all over again, in a heart beat... but the thought of having to do it all again for another baby terrified me...

I had a terrible pregnancy... terrible birth experience, an OH that never lifted a finger to help me with a baby that rarely slept more than half an hour at a time during the first few weeks.... and well... it was hard work..

So when I met my husband, I was really apprehensive because I knew he wanted kids, but I would have been quite happy to adopt.

Eventually we talked it over, and we agreed to try for another baby... and tbh, its much easier this time round although this pregnancy has actually been harder for me in terms of health. Everything seems to slip into place, and feels natural.

I still clearly remember what happened with Tia... and yer... I'd be a fool for saying I wasn't apprehensive about having the same happen again... but at least Tia is 8 now. She goes to the toilet herself, gets dressed herself, makes her own toast if she's hungry, sleeps through the night... so the age gap will make it much more tolerable to deal with another baby, if this baby is like she was.

I can't understand how people only wait a few months before having another, to me that sounds like a nightmare... but then they must have a very well behaved first one.. :rotfl: if they had a child that didn't start sleeping through the night until they were 6 years old and wasn't potty trained until 3 they might have different ideas :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Give it a few years.... See how you feel.. wait until your LO is at school... it changes a bit then when you see them growing up so fast... but don't feel pressurised into having another kid because people say so, or that you don't want to leave your LO an only child... I'm an only child and both my siblings are adopted.

re no way in hell i would have done it before now!! and i still think that people who ttc straight away are bonkers. lol.. but its their choice. you may change your mind in a few years.. but if you dont then dont worry about it..

i think adopting is a lovely idea, my OH wants to adopt a baby too.

I am ashamed to admit that do not like being pregnant :oops: I'm tired and achy and I have no life! I come home from work and crash on the sofa until I can find the energy to go to bed. I look on the internet and watch DVDs instead of actually interating with the real world. I can't imagine how anyone could cope feeling like this and having to look after a child. I'll probably forget with time but at the moment I'm really not sure that I could have another child as it would mean I couldn't look after this one properly.

I think adopting sounds very sensible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back