am i the only one?!

Laurenm

Reaction score
Hi
just a rant really my boy was born at 27 weeks his due date 19th October so only 2 weeks away just feel like the hospital are doing everything they can to keep him in there he's being weaned off oxygen currently in 0.01% and they keep doing downloads and putting him back up to 0.04% just for him to need to be turned back down 2 minutes later just wish they would leave him to it for a while,been there twice a day for 10 weeks now just want him home wish there was a way they could tell me how long it will take to get him off 0.01% :(
x

Hi When we were in scbu they allowed babies to go home with an oxygen tank at 0.01% sometimes higher there are pictures all over the scbu were we were of babies going home, maybe theres another reason they are keeping him in. Mind we had to push to bring our lo home he was 30+5 off oxygen in 2 days but had hole in his heart which closed up by the second week, but they wouldnt let us take him home till he was 35 weeks gestationally min, in the end he was 2 days off that and we finally brought him home. Mind there have been lots of hospital appointments for him since scbu babies need extra tests for problems our little boy has problems with his sight in one eye thought we have been told surgery, will be done if needed before school age. he is also intolerant to dairy milk and wheat and has a special milk plus sees a peaditrician every 3 months his 19 months now age corrected 17 months and a generally happy toddler, big hug to you hun I know how hard it is to have a baby looked after by someone else and not being able to take them home.

it is soo hard having a baby in special care, ok my daughter was born at 33wks and didnt need oxygen, but i totally get the whole leaving the baby in hospital (was excruciatingly painful) , not knowing when they are coming home, waiting and waiting for that news! i can totally understand!

i get frustrated with people sometimes when they say i want him/her to come early... im like no seriously you dont! if only they knew how it felt!

i really do hope they can shed some light on when he will be able to leave! massive :hugs:

I know how you feel my LO is on oxygen we've spent 4 weeks weaning him from 0.3 to 0.03 only to have him go up to 0.2 again to get him home. We are going home on oxygen as he could be on it a while.

I know with premature babies their sats can't be at 100% as it can affect their eyes so this could be why it's going up and down

But your LO is on a very small amount of oxygen I imagine it won't be long till they are off it x

Please excuse any typos from my fat fingers!
Tapatalk madness!

Big hugs to you hun. :hugs: i cant imagine how scary it was having ur bub so early but fingers crossed the oxygen is gone soon and u can get home xxx

hi, I just had flash backs reading your message, we had a 26 weeker last year he was still on oxygen on day 109 and they were doing exctly the same to us, putting it up then down then we had hope we would be home in a few days for it to go back up and them say no two more weeks now. I went home in tears all the time. They have a guideline though that once there below a certain ammount its too expensive for them to be sent home on oxygen for the sake of another few days or weeks. We made sure we were prepared for having to bring him home on 02 although I dreaded the thought but after a while I saw that as a easier option than staying there any longer. you have every right to be cross unless you have been there you dont realise how tough it is. Stay strong youve got this far you are nearly home xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back