am I the only one that is happy to go full term

Positive37

Reaction score
I keep seeing posts about ladies wanting their babies out.before 40 weeks???
Its hard now don't get me wrong.im hot. Tired.heavy but surely babies will come when ready.dont get me.wrong if I hit due date and no sign im straight to acupuncture to get things moving along with anything else.
Im just curious. .maybe im the odd one out here.????

How far gone are you? I can't see tickers..

But I felt exactly the same til I hit 37 weeks, then the uncomfortableness reached a whole new level, and I just wanted him out! By the time they induced me at 38+6, it was a bloody relief!

I'm 100% positive you will feel different once you get there haha x

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Im 37 hun and yes I feel crap Im wide awake. Heavy. Tired.hot....I guess I assume 40 weeks is 40 weeks for reason. I don't know any diff im a first time mum...
Give me a week and maybe ill start getting things moving. ....I suppose I mean u cant force them out if not ready and as havi healt pregnancy I can't see me being induced? ? Xx

40 weeks is just an average though, anytime between 38 and 42 is perfectly normal, depends on you and baby. So people just hope they'll Ne earlier rather than later as it's uncomfortable etc. Every baby is ready at a slightly different time.
Xx

Happy to go to 40 weeks (only 6 days to go!) but don't want to go a day over lol! Can't imagine going to 42...think I would go full on mad.

In theory there's just as much chance of giving birth at 38 weeks than 42 weeks... Although first babies are more likely to be 'late'
For my bro's wedding I'd like to be a week early but as long as baby is ready. You can't 'make ' it happen anyway, what will be will be! We have to trust our bodies xx

I think I read that on average first time babies are born 4 days after due date, now that I could cope with I think! Xxx

I'm quite happy to go to 40 weeks, but I am convinced that I will go all the way over :(

I desperately want mine to come the week after my due date! My husband is working abroad and he is not coming to the UK until 5th sept and he can only stay for 2 weeks so I want baby to appear on 6th Sept!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk

I was determined to go to 40 weeks as research does suggest that those last few weeks in utero are only beneficial to the baby in order to get lungs fully ready and to chub out a little bit more. Needless to say, plenty of babies are born before 40 weeks and are absolutely, perfectly fine.

I'm nearly 42 weeks and trust me...going overdue is a very emotional and stressful time. I have tried to stay positive but the more you go over, I find, the more you start getting anxious about labour.
I hope all your little ones are here on time...xx

I think it totally depends on how you feel. I'm 36 and started EPO yesterday because I'm comfy and 'labourish' feeling most evenings this time.

With my last pregancy I did absolutely nothing, was in no hurry, wasn't uncomfy at all - DD came at 39.

I just can't cope with the idea of feeling the way I am for another 4/5weeks!!

I have 3 weeks potentially 4 as im only allowed to go over a week.
I know my bf is adamant he wants her to go full term I guess he thinks she will do better. His a worrier about baby so I can see where his coming from.
I had awful night lnite in bed.im dizzy.hit.heavy etc but at min im not ready. Ask me in a few weeks.
Bonfire how much longer they letting u go???? I do feel for u xxx

I was one of the ladies that wanted George out ASAP mainly because of the heat don't get me wrong i wanted him to be ready but I wanted to know what sex he was what he looked like etc! I class myself as very lucky as I only went to term+2 but looking back I wouldn't change it for the world he came at the most perfect time :) xxx

U were lucky hunny. ..hi new mummy. Hows the gorgeous man doing and u most importantly? ?? Sent u fb request in week.
Xxxx

I'm being induced today at 4pm. So...little one should be here soon enough xx

Fabbbbbbb good luck darling ill keep my eyes peeled xx

I have to admit I'm feeling pretty fed up now I can't walk far because of my pgp so I just sit in all day whilst everyone else is at work I'm so bored its driving me crazy! I would love for him to come next week but I suppose its for my own selfish reasons so if he's not ready then I'd rather wait but its getting hard now and the thought of doing this for another almost 5 weeks makes me feel like crap tbh! I'm just being a moody hormonal pregnant woman been quite emotional recently so think that doesn't help either and then I feel bad for feeling like this x

I'm hoping my boy makes an appearance before 40 weeks but he probably won't! I'll be happy to go until due date, but going over seems miserable :(

I think its just a case of knowing they can come before 40 weeks so some of us hope they do. Id love my little man too, mainly because I want my oH to get his whole paternity leave before he starts a new job. But im not tooo fussed if I go to 40 weeks. But hopefully no later xx

Sent from my GT-I9300

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back