Am I pregnant?!

Aje90

Reaction score
Morning!

I stopped taking the Pill on 11th August and had my withdrawal bleed the following day, lasting 7 days.

My partner and I had sex on August 29th & 31st and 2nd, 4th and 7th September. On 3rd & 4th September I noticed lots of EWCM, which I'm guessing could have been Ovulation!? Using the Ovia app, if it was Ovulation, I would have been fertile from around 1st - 5th September.

Over the last few days I have noticed dull lower backache, intermittent cramps and pelvic pains, occasional nausea and "heavy" breasts.

I am not really counting myself as "late" as I know it may take a while for my periods to return to normal following stopping the pill but given my symptoms I would really like to test - does anyone think my symptoms sounds like I could be pregnant?! I very rarely get PMT symptoms and if I get cramps they tend to be for the first day and then subside...

If I did ovulate around 3rd/4th September then I will be approx. 10 dpo - when is the right time to test? And what tests would you recommend?

Thank you! xx

Last edited:
Sounds promising but equally these things could also be a reaction to coming off the pill. If you can I'd try and leave it a couple of days to test if you're not sure when your next period will be. If not then try a first response early test or Superdrug own brand. You can also get cheapy strip tests in cheap shops but these aren't always as sensitive. Good luck! X

Ps if it were me I'd probably test in the morning :)

Last edited:
Also use FMU (first morning urine in case you're not familiar with all the acronyms!)

Thanks candymycandy. With our first we didn't have any of this as she was a surprise. Now we're officially "TTC" it's all I can think about...and I promised myself I wouldn't be like this!

I am SO tempted to do a test but know if its a BFN then I'll be so disheartened. I could be anywhere from 8-12 dpo so know it makes sense to wait for a few more days as I'm not totally sure of dates...

(*Runs off to buy First Response test... :))

Yeah absolutely, hold off for as long as you possibly can, BFNs are hard work as you say, even if rationally you know what the facts are on early testing. More power to you if you can hold out, you can do it! Keep us updated!

Last edited:
Thanks. All this waiting is torture and it's only the first month; I admire all the women who have constant waiting. Today symptoms have continued; the cramps/pains are mainly in my side towards my hip and at the top of my legs rather than my stomach. My whole body feels really achy & the nausea is still coming in waves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back