Am I pregnant please help??

Zoeh5656

Reaction score
Hi everyone please take time to read and help. Means a lot.
so I'm in a bit of a weird situation that's confusing me so much..
So I had the jaydess iud coil in for 1 year before realising how horrible it was and my body was completely rejecting it. I am 20 and in a long term relationship. I'm not ready to have a baby and not trying to conceive. Iud removed 5 weeks ago on my last day of period. My body was run down from 3 years of pill and 1 year of coil I wanted to take a break..
Long story short my partner and I have been using protection, once or twice we used pull out method. (I wasn't ovulating at that time, chances are a tiny bit could've entered) Not ideal but we were on holidays and a bit tipsy.
So now. I am 4 days late. 4 days ago (test said from first day of expected period) I took 2 tests as I felt symptoms of my breasts felt heavier, I had a little bit of nausea, and no cramping coming up to pms which I have forever had. Both negative.
Now I'm fearing I took them too early.
So. Smyptoms now are a horrible gut instinct. I was 4 days late until today when I woke up I had light cramping and pink/brown (little red hue) what seems like spotting? It's only when i wipe I have a pantyliner on and it has a dot of blood but when I go toilet and everytime I wipe there's more (still light). Few drops fell into toilet bowel.. then When I'm finished in toilet and take last wipe - nothing! It's like it disappears! So strange never had anything like it.
I also have bad back pain, tummy twinges cramps, my skin is so oily! 2 people said I was glowing! I could be just worrying but it seemed so coincidental..
These could all be pms smyptoms and a light period.
Or I'm spotting and took the tests too early.
What do you think?
I will take another test if it doesn't get heavier but help..
Had to crop photo file.

20190720_171841.jpg

Ps no clots or thick blood, seems watery pink with tinge of red /brown

Coming off contraception can mess with your cycle so your probably not pregnant. When I came off contraception it took ages for my period to settle and I had loads of symptoms I’d never had before. I wouldn’t worry but test again in a few Days to be certain xxx

Thank you so much for reply @Aprilxxx
I felt as though that might have contributed.
I did have consistant regular periods with both pill and iud so that's why I was just concerned.:)

I can't really help you but I'm having similar with this months cycle only my coil is still insitu. My AF should have started Thursday but Wednesday I had light pink spotting and had nothing but pinky red on wiping since and nothing on towels and not every toilet visit.

From what I'm aware however, once coil is removed your fertility returns straight away so there's certainly a chance and proba ly worth waiting a bit longer I just don't know how much longer you're meant to wait if it is suspected implantation bleeding and then do you wait until the bleed has stopped before you count that time or from when it starts it's so confusing.

Hope it works out for you either way xx

Yeah see I had no implantation bleeding before tests, so I probably took them too early. I'm sorry your experiencing that too, waiting and not knowing I think is the worst thing. Although coils are effective it isn't impossible or unheard of. Sometimes they do move out of place have you checked if you can feel the strings? It could either be spotting or it could be irregular bleeding, I did experience that with the coil.
Have you tried testing, wish you the best and also thanks for the reply!

It's been in for over 4 years and I'm regular as clockwork always have been since periods started when I was 12 I'm 36 no... Only time they stopped was on injection when I was 18 and when I was pregnant with LO 10 yrs ago. This one started when it was supposed to too thats what's thrown me coz it's not like any bleed I've ever had. I tested this morning but was negative but then if it is implantation I suppose it's still early I think?

I've never been able to feel coil strings but I have a tilted and high cervix, hubby can't always feel them either depends on how aroused I am

The things our body's put us through

I know it can be really confusing, and you dont want to ignore your body either but then you feel like your overthinking. I always try listen to my body and if I feel abnormal I'd rather be sure. I know that when you have a feeling your pregnant with the coil they usually dont show up on tests as far as I have been told, I'd say your gp would have to do a blood tests or ultrasound if you wait and still no period. I think it's because sometimes with the coil the egg doesn't always fertilise inside the uterus and sometimes doesn't always produce the hcg enough for those tests. I know the hardest thing is to wait and see, but I think after implantation it's 10-14 days in order to test, I could be wrong but that's just some information I've known from having the coil in. I hope everything goes okay and feel free to update here if you need anyone to talk to.

Thank you so much for reply @Aprilxxx
I felt as though that might have contributed.
I did have consistant regular periods with both pill and iud so that's why I was just concerned.:)
You probably followed a contraception based cycle and will still continue to be regular once it reappears but your body is just getting used to not having that hormone in it xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back