Am I ovulating? Suddenly 1 month of neg tests :(

dee_BD_xox

Reaction score
I really need some help right now. I am confused and worried - trying to keep stress levels low so I don’t mess up next month but this is so confusing for me.

I have been TTC since March now and no luck. I started using the drugstore OPK since April and up until this month I got positives each month as follows:
• April - CD 16
• May - CD 14
• June - CD 15 (this month I used the kit which also detects estrogen surge I believe - flashing smiley - and I started getting those starting at CD 9 up until my peak fertility solid smiley at CD 15).

This month I had planned not to test as I was fairly certain around when I’d be ovulating based on previous month. Anyway, I had some tests leftover so I took the one on CD 14 and got negative (used the kind with 2 bars) then twice on CD 15 and both negative (I used the 2 bars and the smiley kind and I didn’t even get flashing smiley). I also took the smiley kind of test this morning which is CD 16 and I didn’t get flashing or solid smiley. Ps. I know I did not start testing as early as they say to, but since I know when I ovulated the previous months I thought I could just try around those days.

Help! :( I think I am suddenly not ovulating. I had other weird symptoms earlier in the month. Cramping on one side of pelvis and very sore boobs. BUT I have had much less CM (I usually have a lot after my period and up to ovulation day). PAst 2 months I have been very dry. Please help as I am so nervous that I am suddenly not ovulating.

FYI - I am 28 and have regular periods my whole life.

You probably have ovulated or going to ovulate late. With the digital ones (flashing smiley) it needs to be done from so many days depending on your cycle length. The first read is a baseline and it measures each day from there. If miss a couple days it would possibly miss it.
You may either have missed the surge as sometimes it happens quickly or your ovulating a lot later. I had one month where I ovulated super late. I’m normally cd17 for ovulation but didn’t get a positive till cd 21.

It is common to have a cycle where you don’t ovulate at all (not that I think this is happening to you) and is perfectly normal and doesn’t mean anything x

Ps, the cramping on one side and sore boobs could be when you ovulated. I’m 39 and always been spot on with periods but had the odd late (and early) ovulation x

Thank you so much for your replies! That has given me some piece of mind although I have still not got a positive this month and my CM has dried up. I’m pretty sure I won’t be getting a positive this month. :(

So just a question with the tests that also test your most fertile days as well as your ovulation day. Can you not get lucky and just take the test not the day you think you’re ovulating based on previous month and get a positive? Any test I take should catch my ovulation day IF i an ovulating not hat day even if I only took one test? Sorry this probably makes little sense but I’m basically asking do I actually have to take the test as instructed? Would that really affect my results?

If I did ovulate this month I guess it would have been on CD13 which would be early for me. It was strange as I got the sticky egg white CM on 14 and 15 I think. It’s weird because my discharge has seemed to try up a lot the past couple months. :(

Ps, the cramping on one side and sore boobs could be when you ovulated. I’m 39 and always been spot on with periods but had the odd late (and early) ovulation x
Sorry one more question. How early did you ovulate before your regular ovulation day? Also, do you always find you have a lot of CM?

Sorry one more question. How early did you ovulate before your regular ovulation day? Also, do you always find you have a lot of CM?
I get a lot of cm around 4-5 days before then a ton on day of ovulation.
The instructions on clear blue do say to start firm a few days before. I had read that if using it for a couple of cycles could pick up straight away. It’s also very possible to miss the surge as some women get it for a few hours. It depends. I had a couple
Months where i was wasn’t using ovulation kits. I had cm, and then dried up then a week later started again. Very odd for me so I took a clearblue digital and it came up a static smiley straight away. I ovulated on cd 21 that month so I had a longer cycle.
Other months it’s usually cd 17/18.

I believe that month I had geared up early to ovulate. Hadn’t then did on cd 21. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back