Am I overreacting ?! Are my hormones making me crazy?!

missddk

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I really need advice. So I'm supposed to go to a big event on Sunday night with my group of friends and my partner. It's an outside concert and it's going to be a pretty large crowd. I have previously had a miscarriage at 6 weeks and im only 4 weeks 5 days with this pregnancy so it's a huge fear I can't shake.
I have decided to sell my ticket and not go because I don't wanna be in the middle of a large crowd of drunk people. I also was a smoker before I fell pregnant but u quit the day I found out although I'm struggling with the cravings I haven't gave in. I am aware with this being an outdoor concert everyone will be smoking around me and I don't think this will help. I also need to pee all the time (don't remember this happening so early with my other 3 pregnancies) and im already being sick so I just don't think I'll enjoy it or be very good company.
I'm absolutely devastated I'm missing out though even though it was my decision. I am so grateful for the little blessing growing inside but I can't help but be sad.
Someone tell me to wise up before I get signed in somewhere 😂

I feel absolutely nuts. Anyone else ?

One thing I have learned is that going with your instinct about things like this in pregnancy works for me. A couple of things I would have done differently, but mostly sticking to instincts works for me!
You'll never know whether you would have been ok or not, so try not to sweat over it... If that makes sense. First trimester is such a difficult and emotional time anyway, you have to do what feels right.
You're not overreacting. You've done the right things for you and bubba and no one else can tell you what is right for you!
Good luck. H and H 9 months. Xxx

It sounds like you've made the right call. If you're feeling anxious, sick, and trying to stick with quitting, you'll probably not enjoy yourself very much. Enjoy a night in and make it a nice evening - get a takeaway and stick on a good film or something. xx

Last edited:
Thank you siamesecatlady . It's nice to have a bit of support. I don't feel so insane lol.
You really do feel all over the place in the first trimester don't you ?!
Your so right though all we can do is go on instincts. Would never forgive myself if something happened and I don't wanna ruin anyone elses night anyway. Looks like it'll be a bubble bath and lots of food on Sunday for me xo

Last edited:
Thank you Laura. I feel so much better having people agree with me. I genuinely felt like I was a psycho lol.
That will definitely have to be the plan xo

I was supposed to go to that Peter Kay danceathon thing when I was about 20 weeks and didn't go. Just didn't feel like I could be in such a crowded place and risk being shoved (although I wasn't really showing at that stage) plus I was knackered! I lost £35 on the ticket as did my mate but I'm so glad I didn't go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back