Am I "normal"?

olivehamster

Reaction score
Hi there

I found out I am 6 weeks pregnant a week ago (we've been trying for 6 months and it took me about a year before that to convince my husband).

So I've always been the one pushing to have a baby. Now I am pregnant, he is ecstatic and I'm veering between apprehension, panic and general disinterest. The fact that I feel awful probably isn't helping - I still want to have a baby but thinking about all this pregnancy stuff is making me constantly worried, tense and stressed.

I can't talk to anyone about my current feelings because we have only told our closest family (because it is still so early), and everyone seems to think that I should be in a permanent state of euphoria, so I'm playing along with that...

What is wrong with me?

(Sorry for the long and self-pitying introductory post) :cry:

Hi Olivehamster!!

First let me just say welcome!!! :D
Second, No one really knows how they are going to feel until they get pregnant. There is nothing wrong with "your" feelings, they are just that, yours!! Feeling nervous and scared and even apprehensive is quite normal!! Especially if you are not feeling well!! :D Alot of women can't wait til they conceive and then once they do they get a mix of emotions. Some women even become sad about it. It's the hormones that are raging in us! :wink: I am sure that once you start feeling better and you get use to the idea you will feel better about having a baby!! I am 13wks and still am constantly worried, we have no crystal ball, we can't predict the future, all we can do is hope and pray for the best. Whatever happens is meant to be!! :D So no worries, everything will work out and you will be ok with this, just hang in there!!! :D

xoxo Ree

Thanks so much for your reply Ree - I'm sure everything will work itself out - I guess I just need reassurance right now and I can't talk to anyone I know about it or else they'll think there is something wrong with me.

Thanks again!

Hi Olivehamaster!

Anytime! I can completely understand about needing reassurance!!! Yes everything will work itself out!!! You can always come to us to talk or to vent!! You will never be judged here we all understand!!! By the way! There is nothing wrong with you!!!! :D :D :D

xoxo Ree

hi olivehamster and welcome what you are feeling is completely normal a lot of women have mixed feelings when they find out im sure you will feel better when you have had more time to let it all sink in i hope you have a happy healthy 9 months and remember there is always someone here to talk to, the girls on here are great very supportive and they dont judge xxxxx

The first week I knew I was pregnant I was ecstatic, the next week, I was totally freaked out and thought "what have I done"

Luckily I feel positive about it most of the time.

I was very independent up until six months ago. I'd been a free spirit all my life and had been to university etc etc. All of a sudden I was going to be a mother. Freaked out is an understatement.

I think my worse moment was when the kicks started getting stronger a couple of weeks ago. I could really tell that I did in fact have a child inside me that I was going to have to give birth to and bring up. I was totally overwhelmed by it and scared to death.

And this came after about two years of careful planning and preparation for when we would start trying.

I understand how you feel. Its understandable, its a massive life changing event and takes some getting used to!

Thank you so much for this guys - I'm still completely freaked out but hearing that other people have been there too is making me feel like things will improve.

I am so glad that I found this forum - now I have to go and eat a few more ginger nut biscuits...

Olivehamster

This site has totally saved my sanity as well.

Without it I wouldn't have coped so well with all the little symptoms and worries.

Its saved my bacon. mmmmmm bacon...... bacon butty.......... now there's a thought!

:D :D :D :D :D

I was freaked out too and we'd tried for 17 months and were on a fertility course. To say the baby was wanted was the understatement of the year! BUT i still felt scared and thought what had i done, i would be more worried if you werent feeling all these things. They are our bodies natural way of sorting out our heads and preparing mentally for this huge step... no actually its a leap!

Good luck and you are completely normal, either that or were all mad, LOL!
:D

Olivehamster

Everyone is so correct on here! They are not just saying it to make you feel better!!!!! I was the same too. All of a sudden it hits you and, its not all roses - I was quite down for most of my first trimester - and still have bad days now, worrying about money, will I be a good mum - but then you feel a 'twinge' or you go for your scan and all of a sudden......................................................... :lol: your over the moon!!!

I thinks its all part and parcel and just go with each day as it comes.

Coming on here helped me so much (I would of probably thought I was abnormal if I hadnt of found this site!)

L x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back