Am I missing something? Question for UK users

Mel32

Reaction score
Where are all the baby clothes in charity shops? Are they not cost effective to sort or are there some rules surrounding them? I cant imagine all donations are stained or too worn?

I know when people get rid of baby clothes they do so in LARGE quantities but any charity shop I go to seems to only have a token small rail of clothes mostly toddler from memory. I thought this would be a great place to shop for clothes.

P.S I don't recall even seeing them in bigger city centers either. I'm so confused. Ebay clothes are maybe OK but the postage adds up!

Waiting to get to a mum2mum or Jack and Jill market. Where do you go? Are carboots any good?

My local area has a "baby selling page" on Facebook where lots of people put bundles of clothes. A lot of people might also pass things onto friends rather than charity and tbh, and I hope this doesn't make me sound like a bad person, when it comes to my little girls clothes if it's goodenough to be worn again iI'd rather try and earn a few pennies selling it rather than give it to charity

Odd... I was in one a few days ago, I think rspca, I forget! They had loads of baby clothes, all nicely sorted into sizes :) This was near leeds... got some bargains!

I went in my local children's charity shop and there weren't many clothes, the baby clothes looked pretty grim to be honest. I think a lot of people do try and sell them on, I know I do as I need the money to buy the next size up. Perhaps see if there's any second hand sales (Nct nearly new are good) near you instead.

Yeah it's driving me mad. I had an insane amount of 0-6 clothes which I just gave away to a friend ( and not to charity.. So maybe that's my answer, everyone must be doing that or selling haha). I heard mum2 mum is brilliant but November is a while away. I'll keep looking!!

I give some bits to charity but most I pass on or sell. Up until recently a lot of the clothes i have used for my two have been almost like new when I've finished with them. Now my son is in a size range for a year they are getting abit more beaten about so might rethink now

Yeah, I do think that is odd. I've given all of my daughters old clothes to charity and passed on various other bits and pieces to my sister.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back