Am I Missing Anything?

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by Doodles, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Doodles

Doodles Well-Known Member

27 weeks now & want everything done & ready, I THINK we've got everything but then again I thought it would be ok to put a metal camping cup in the microwave not so long ago too :whistle::shock:

We have got:
    2x Moses Basket
    Baby Bath
    Feeding Chair (well bucket but it's comfy & easy to get in & out of)
    Breast Pump
    Bottles
    Bibs
    Muslin Cloths
    Electric Steamer
    Sheets
    Dummies
    Chest Of Drawers
    Nappies
    Baby Wash
    Baby Lotion
    Pram
    Car Seat
    Bouncer
    Sleepsuits
    Outfits
    Hats
    Scratchmitts
    Snowsuit
    Different Types of Blankets & Shawls
    Changing Mat
    Monitors
    Hooded Towel
    Night Lights
    Socks
    Raincover
    Sudocreme
    Nipple Cream
    Breast Pads
    Moses Basket Mattresses
    Cot Bed

Need To Get:
    Sun Parasol
    Wetwipes
    Cotton Balls
    Changing Bag
    Cot Bed Bedding
    Cot Bed Mattress
    Heavy Duty Maternity Pads
    Nappy Bags
    Bepanthen
    Mucky Bag

I can't help but but feel I've missed something?

(edited to add items forgotten & items suggested x )

#1 Doodles, Jul 7, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2013
  2. Moussecake

Moussecake Member

Think thats most things...... Dont forget things like raincovers/parasols x

#2 Moussecake, Jul 7, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2013
  3. k8_005

k8_005 Well-Known Member

Cotton wool is a biggy I don't see on there u will need lots of that for bathing and for cleaning bum changing bag sudo creme and Vasaline lanisol nipple cream if breast feeding, nursing tops and bras for you or easy to undo ones at least, sun cream fct 50 if baby due soon sheets and matress for the Moses basket and or cellular blankets steriliser unit?

4. k8_005

k8_005 Well-Known Member

Thermometer for baby , bath , and room nail scissors

5. Doodles

yep got raincover, not got a parasol as he's due in October but thinking about it I'll pick one up just incase we get a sunny day (wishful thinking I know ;) )

Using wet wipes for changing but will get cotton balls for cleaning, keep forgetting about changing bags as I don't normally use a handbag :lol: but will deffinately have to get one, got Sudocreme (sorry list above was off the top of my head so forgot a load of stuff that we have), got nipple cream when I was planning on trying breastfeeding but planning on soley expressing now so not worried about nursing bra's/tops, mattresses are with the Moses baskets & got lots of different types of blankets, sorry meant electric steriliser not steamer x

6. k8_005

k8_005 Well-Known Member

Be aware that most hospitals won't let u use wet wipes for bum changes while in there so u will need to pack cotton wool x

7. Doodles

Really? That seems daft, wouldn't have thought of that. Thanks for the warning, will put some in my bag x

8. k8_005

k8_005 Well-Known Member

Apparently wipes are too harsh for babys skin and the first poos are easier to get off with cotton wool too apparently do dbl check with your hospital but most also say only bath with water no products for first few weeks. X

9. Doodles

ok, thanks hun x

10. umbongo

umbongo Well-Known Member

I have reusable wipes as they contain no chemicals, you just use warm water and a little essential oil.
    Assume you have a cot for when baby outgrows Moses basket? Big babies could outgrow it quickly. :)
    Don't forget giant sanitary towels! ;-)

11. Chezza

Chezza Well-Known Member

Yep, baby wipes brought my little one out in a rash...switched to cotton wool and water and now prefer the latter.

Bepanthen is brilliant for nappy rash - to use alongside sudocrem.
    Nappy sacks
    Mucky bag (plastic sealable bag?) for the changing bag (for soiled / sicky clothes!)

Aside from that, you sound very prepared!

xxx

12. Doodles

yep still got Connor's cot bed (had just advertised it for sale when I found out I was pregnant so lucky timing :lol:) just got to get a new mattress & bedding but not going to worry about that too much until we know what size he is (praying he doesn't need to go into it before 6months or we're a bit buggered :lol:) though we've been told he's going to be small after scans/tests flagged up some slight concern about his growth. Oh yes pads, I remember how bad it was after having Connor, thought it would never stop so glad you reminded me. Hadn't thought of nappy bags & not even heard of Bepanthen so will have to hunt some of that out as Connor had awful nappy rash at one point. Oh mucky bag is a really good idea, otherwise I'd have (in all honesty) just ended up binning the mucky things when out :blush: thanks ladies x

13. Chrispin

Chrispin Well-Known Member

Nipple pads, top and tail basket? My friend uses one, really handy to have one set up ready to grab, nursing bras, eeeeerm oh i got one of those sucky things for the babies nose with them not being able to clear it when got a cold. Xx

14. Bbybump16

Bbybump16 Well-Known Member

You can get water wipes .. My midwife said there fine !

15. Allinaday

Allinaday Well-Known Member

Definitely nail clippers

16. glowing

glowing Well-Known Member

I prefer metanium to bepanthen much better for sever red skin/rash. I also bought infacol just incase as OH would be useless finding that. I haven't bought dummies as planning to breastfeed and dont want the temptation to use one, I am the same with formula have none of that for the same reason but have got bottles and steriliser ready as will express later on if breast feeding is successful. I bought a bath thermometer in the £1 shop.