Am I Missing Anything?

Doodles

Reaction score
27 weeks now & want everything done & ready, I THINK we've got everything but then again I thought it would be ok to put a metal camping cup in the microwave not so long ago too :whistle::shock:

We have got:
2x Moses Basket
Baby Bath
Feeding Chair (well bucket but it's comfy & easy to get in & out of)
Breast Pump
Bottles
Bibs
Muslin Cloths
Electric Steamer
Sheets
Dummies
Chest Of Drawers
Nappies
Baby Wash
Baby Lotion
Pram
Car Seat
Bouncer
Sleepsuits
Outfits
Hats
Scratchmitts
Snowsuit
Different Types of Blankets & Shawls
Changing Mat
Monitors
Hooded Towel
Night Lights
Socks
Raincover
Sudocreme
Nipple Cream
Breast Pads
Moses Basket Mattresses
Cot Bed

Need To Get:
Sun Parasol
Wetwipes
Cotton Balls
Changing Bag
Cot Bed Bedding
Cot Bed Mattress
Heavy Duty Maternity Pads
Nappy Bags
Bepanthen
Mucky Bag

I can't help but but feel I've missed something?

(edited to add items forgotten & items suggested x )

Last edited:
Think thats most things...... Dont forget things like raincovers/parasols x

Last edited:
Cotton wool is a biggy I don't see on there u will need lots of that for bathing and for cleaning bum changing bag sudo creme and Vasaline lanisol nipple cream if breast feeding, nursing tops and bras for you or easy to undo ones at least, sun cream fct 50 if baby due soon sheets and matress for the Moses basket and or cellular blankets steriliser unit?

Thermometer for baby , bath , and room nail scissors

yep got raincover, not got a parasol as he's due in October but thinking about it I'll pick one up just incase we get a sunny day (wishful thinking I know ;) )

Using wet wipes for changing but will get cotton balls for cleaning, keep forgetting about changing bags as I don't normally use a handbag :lol: but will deffinately have to get one, got Sudocreme (sorry list above was off the top of my head so forgot a load of stuff that we have), got nipple cream when I was planning on trying breastfeeding but planning on soley expressing now so not worried about nursing bra's/tops, mattresses are with the Moses baskets & got lots of different types of blankets, sorry meant electric steriliser not steamer x

yep got raincover, not got a parasol as he's due in October but thinking about it I'll pick one up just incase we get a sunny day (wishful thinking I know ;) )

Using wet wipes for changing but will get cotton balls for cleaning, keep forgetting about changing bags as I don't normally use a handbag :lol: but will deffinately have to get one, got Sudocreme (sorry list above was off the top of my head so forgot a load of stuff that we have), got nipple cream when I was planning on trying breastfeeding but planning on soley expressing now so not worried about nursing bra's/tops, mattresses are with the Moses baskets & got lots of different types of blankets, sorry meant electric steriliser not steamer x

Be aware that most hospitals won't let u use wet wipes for bum changes while in there so u will need to pack cotton wool x

Really? That seems daft, wouldn't have thought of that. Thanks for the warning, will put some in my bag x

Really? That seems daft, wouldn't have thought of that. Thanks for the warning, will put some in my bag x

Apparently wipes are too harsh for babys skin and the first poos are easier to get off with cotton wool too apparently do dbl check with your hospital but most also say only bath with water no products for first few weeks. X

I have reusable wipes as they contain no chemicals, you just use warm water and a little essential oil.
Assume you have a cot for when baby outgrows Moses basket? Big babies could outgrow it quickly. :)
Don't forget giant sanitary towels! ;-)

Yep, baby wipes brought my little one out in a rash...switched to cotton wool and water and now prefer the latter.

Bepanthen is brilliant for nappy rash - to use alongside sudocrem.
Nappy sacks
Mucky bag (plastic sealable bag?) for the changing bag (for soiled / sicky clothes!)

Aside from that, you sound very prepared!

xxx

yep still got Connor's cot bed (had just advertised it for sale when I found out I was pregnant so lucky timing :lol:) just got to get a new mattress & bedding but not going to worry about that too much until we know what size he is (praying he doesn't need to go into it before 6months or we're a bit buggered :lol:) though we've been told he's going to be small after scans/tests flagged up some slight concern about his growth. Oh yes pads, I remember how bad it was after having Connor, thought it would never stop so glad you reminded me. Hadn't thought of nappy bags & not even heard of Bepanthen so will have to hunt some of that out as Connor had awful nappy rash at one point. Oh mucky bag is a really good idea, otherwise I'd have (in all honesty) just ended up binning the mucky things when out :blush: thanks ladies x

Nipple pads, top and tail basket? My friend uses one, really handy to have one set up ready to grab, nursing bras, eeeeerm oh i got one of those sucky things for the babies nose with them not being able to clear it when got a cold. Xx

You can get water wipes .. My midwife said there fine !

I prefer metanium to bepanthen much better for sever red skin/rash. I also bought infacol just incase as OH would be useless finding that. I haven't bought dummies as planning to breastfeed and dont want the temptation to use one, I am the same with formula have none of that for the same reason but have got bottles and steriliser ready as will express later on if breast feeding is successful. I bought a bath thermometer in the £1 shop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back