Am I miscarrying?

lilangel

Reaction score
Hi all I am 9 weeks pregnant and I am wondering if my symptoms are the first signs of miscarriage. I am bleeding a little ( well I think I am) its brownish - red in colour, it doesnt hurt or anything. I am just wondering if this is the start of a misscarriage. SOMEONE PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHATS HAPPENING PLEASE! :?

Hi Lilangel,

'Spotting' is fairly common when pregnant and if the blood is darkish brown in colour, then there's generally no need to worry. A nurse told me to only worry if loosing more than a teaspoon full of blood into a sanitary towell.

I miscarried a week ago at 8wks. My symptoms prior to the event were a really bloated stomach, loss of feeling nauseous (I had been feeling sickish for 4 weeks), started bleeding & the blood got more red in colour over 2days & had clots in it. A scan at hospital confirmed I was about to miscarry.

If you are in any doubts, either call your early prgnancy unit at hospital, or just turn up & they can examine you and give you a scan if necessary.

I hope this e-mail is of some help to you, and my fingers are crossed for you.

Hi there lou
I have just come home from the unit and I was told that bleeding is normal. I had a scan and the pregnancy 'sack' was in the right place and everything was fine. After that I went straight to my doctor and he told me that the bleeding was nothing to worry about even though I am bleeding like how I normally would while having my period and to get a lot of rest for the next few weeks.
I am so sorry to hear of your loss and my thoughts are with you. Anyway take care and look after yourself and all the best for the future!

xxx lilangel xxx

Hi Lilangel:

I am 10 weeks pregnant and have also experienced the same bleeding problem I too thought that it was a sign of miscarrige and was so nervous I went straight to my doctor's office and asked them to check me when they did she said all was alright and not to worry the baby was still there and I should just try to relax. Since my visit I have been spotting pink when I wipe only and my next apointment I will find out if that is ok.... Well good luck with your pregnancy!-
-yaryg

I dont want to worry you but maybe you should go get checked! Iwas 1week from delivery and started getting cramps an then a small amount of brownish blood! the doctor told me it was braxton hicks and not to worry, but then i went in the next day for my appointment and my son had no heart beat!

so please go get checked out just to be safe! Ihope everything is ok for you and your baby!

L

Hi all well I went into the doctors and he checked me out and said everything was fine and that there was nothing to worry about. Later on that night i was at home doing my dishes and then I felt a huge gush come out. it was blood and lots of it along with clots and stuff. i went straight to the emergency room and they told me that I had indeed miscarried. They kept me in the hospital overnight for observation and was released the next morning. Since then I have had numerous visits to the doctor and had a lot of ultrasounds. The results of each showing that there were still some products of conception being retained. They said that mother nature will take its course and release the rest of it in a few weeks. Im not sure how to feel at the moment but my partner is taking it quite hard and im the one being strong for the both of us.
Thank You all for being so supportive!

God Bless
Lilangel

Oh I'm so sorry to hear that! Stay strong and I wish you the best in the future.

I'm really sorry to hear that you've miscarried.

Sometimes I wonder about these bloomin' Doctors - it's all right saying wait a few weeks for everything to take it's course naturally - but all that time you must feel in a state of limbo and not able to get on with the process of 'getting back to normal'

My miscarriage took place over the course of 2 weeks (4 visits to hospital & 1 overnight for Observation), followed by 1 week on antibiotics for infection. The whole process of repeated internal examinations, as well as being in physical & emotional pain was totally draining.

If - god forbid - I'm ever in that position again, I will insist on a D&C operation, so that everything is taken care of then and there and I won't have to deal with the horror of passing all that tissue (TMI).

Sorry - rant over now!!!

Best wishes to everyone in the same situation as us. May we all be bump-buddies together in the near future!

Congrats to all of you- i was six weeks yesterday, and I was bleeding and it turns out I have miscarried- you can never be too safe. Go to your Dr. with any concerns. PS. how safe is it to get pregnant a month after m/c?

hello lilangel,
i am so sorry to hear of you loss, i too suffered a miscarriage at 5 weeks 2 months prior to that i had an ectopic preg at 6 weeks. i have sent you a message below my apologies i have only just joined, wasnt' sure how it worked. take care x x :roll:

hi lilangel i am so sorry for your loss, it's hard to try and be strong for your partner when your body has gone through something like this. the emotional rollercoaster adapting to change trying to get back to normal, it all takes its toll. i really admire you for being strong for both of you. i avoided returning to work beacuse i couldn't face my collegues, i had already put them through it with the etopic preg. i really thought it was going to be ok this time. i think we will all have some luck eventually but if nothing else it can only make us stronger. i don't know about you but i have certainly felt closer to my partner i really don't know wat i would have done without him.
i really wish you all the best and happiness for the future you are very brave and very strong well done. x

well i havent been on this site since after i miscarried. I am ttc again and I still can not get over my last miscarriage and I know my partner never will either. Id like to thank all of yous for your comments and support, but I am ready to try again. Good Luck every one for the future! :eek:

Hi lilangel :wave:

It confused me at first when I saw this post because you just posted in TTC. Then I looked at the date. Then scrolled down and saw your post. I got there in the end LOL.

Sorry for your loss :hug:

I know how hard it is to lose a baby, as you can see from my sig I MC in December. We started TTC aain as soon as te bleeding stopped though, but I came on my period on the 2nd January, exactly a month from the day I started to MC.

Is this the first time you have TTC since your MC? Is this your first month of TTC?

Hi Lilangel.

Welcome back. im really sorry to hear bout your previous loss. I just wanted to wish you lots of luck TTC ing. Im also TTC after my miscarriage in November. No luck yet but hopefully it will happen for all of us soon!

Hugs,

Flower x

Hi Lilangel

I am so sorry you had to go through this sadness. I have m/c twice in the past 6 months, my last was just two weeks ago. I can really empathise.

It is great that you are ready to TTC again. I wish you lots of luck and hugs!

M
x

Happy Bunny I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I am so thankful for this forum because it gives me a chance to meet people who have experienced the same thing I have, like yourself and many other women on this site.
I M/C in Feb 05 and have been TTC ever since but with no luck.
I am hoping that 2007 will change and that somewhere down the line I will end up with a big belly. lol!!!
Take care and much love to you all..

***If ever any one needs to chat feel free to drop me an email at [email protected] or msn me at the same address.

bye for now
xxxooo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back