Am I mad to want another baby?!

Mummy_13

Reaction score
Hi ladies

I currently have 2 children (DS who is 2 and a half and DD who is one next week). I have wanted children since I was a child myself and my children are my world! When my Son was about 8/9 months old I already felt that I wanted to do it all over again and we actually got pregnant before id had my first period post breast feeding (caught the first egg!) so there is only 18 months between my DS and DD. Even struggling with the 2 of them so young we have always said we still want more but I have (up until now) insisted that I want to leave a bigger age gap next time as 18 months apart was hard. But recently I've started feeling like I want to try again. I don't know what's wrong with me, I don't know whether I'm just addicted to the thrill of TTC, through to being pregnant and of course the love of a new a baby.

Part of me doesn't see what the problem is, I've always known I want lots of children so why am I surprised?! But the other part of me worries that I'm never going to feel 'done' and I worry that I'm somehow insulting my other children by wanting more.

I have a tendency to over think things.

Anyway I guess I'm just after any thoughts, opinions or experiences in this matter ...

Thanks in advance!

If you can afford it, feel you have the time and patience and love to give then why not?

Personally we couldn't have another (skint and we definitely feel stretched emotionally with just the two) but we're both from big families.

X

As Nat says, if your stable enough emotionally, financially etc I dont see why not.

Having children is a blessing - some pop out kids they cant look after so, atleast all of yours are getting love.

I recon 2 or 3 will be our limit, but we will get the second one out first :lol: I did want 5 but that changed after 1 and a fulltime job! :lol:

xxxx

Every child is different, it's not an insult to them to want more. If anything it's a compliment.

I could have written this post myself. I have a 10 year old then we had a massive gap before my two year old arrived and followed quickly by my 9 month old!!! So 18 months between my last two as well. I too love being pregnant and would love another but due to not having space I'm having to hold off.....for now!! We always said we wanted 3 but just can't see my lo being my last it actually makes me really sad to think I won't have any more

Nope your not mad I'm planning on trying in September which means when babies born my son will be 20 months xxx

I'm the same! Has my daughter in Dec 2014 and my son less than 3 weeks ago so only 15 months between them and we want four. I don't think my body could handle another one so soon and I don't think I could keep up with them until my son is two so we're planning to leave that kind of gap but I know in a year I'll feel broody again! X

I also worry about not feeling "done" and have been torturing myself over age gaps! My boys are 14 months apart to the day and it's been exhausting, so I initially wanted a larger age gap but now that my youngest is 7 months old, I feel like I'm ready for another. We have decided that we will stop at a girl or 4, whichever comes first. I've never wanted 3 kids cus I always thought it would be unfair on them and I dislike uneven numbers but as I've gone on, I've found the thought of two more pregnancies close together absolutely draining.

I'm only 25 but have found the almost back to back pregnancies exhausting, I'm a petite 5ft and carry very large babies for my frame (8lb6, 8lb12), had awful SPD with both boys, so I find pregnancy very physically exhausting. I feel guilty for hoping this next one will be a girl so I can stop!

Probably not very helpful but that's where my head is at currently!

Last edited:
Kumber I know exactly what you mean - running around after two with such s small gap is exhausting and that's me talking just from running around after one and breastfeeding a newborn. We are set on having 4 but I can see that if you find pregnancy tough it would be easier to stop at 3. My SIL has horrific hyperemsis when pregnant and at 6 months pregnant with her 2nd she is only just now able to go back to work having been signed off at 5 weeks! She had planned to have 3 but is now saying she couldn't do it to herself again. I'm 5ft 7 and somewhere between 11 and 12 stone when not carrying baby weight so I'm 'well covered' and had an 8lb 8oz daughter followed by a 10lb 1oz son and my body feels like a wreck after that! But I'm still looking forward to the next time! X

I'm the eldest of 4 girls and I don't feel insulted!! :)
This is my first but I intend on having another with a fairly close gap. It's up to you so if it feels right then go for it!!! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back