Am I just being silly!?

CTD

Reaction score
Sorry for the kinda negative post, I was trying to be positive from now on about ttc until my sister called me "barren Karen" !!! :-(

This has really upset me and even welling up now thinking about it. She's the only one apart from OH obviously that I have told and wish I didn't now. Am I just being too sensitive!?

Makes me glad I got this place and you sensible/thoughtful girls to talk to about stuff! xx

Last edited:
no i'd get upset with that comment 2 hun. how unsensitive! xxx

Aww it's an insensitive comment, but that's how sisters always are. Tell her how upset you were and she'll understand and feel awful I'm sure. Stay strong xxx

I can see why you're upset, it's a really insensitive thing to say. But I think people who haven't been through unsuccessfully ttc don't know what it feels like and can't understand how hard it is. Don't let it get to you too much x x x

OMG!! That is more than insensitive - it is downright nasty!! Ouch! I hope she realised as soon as she said it and apologised!

I would be devastated if my sis said that to me!

Hope she is making it up to you lady!!

xxx

That is an awful thing to say.I would let her know how it made you feel and I am sure she will feel terrible and realise how insensitive she was x

OMG!! That is more than insensitive - it is downright nasty!! Ouch! I hope she realised as soon as she said it and apologised!

I would be devastated if my sis said that to me!

Hope she is making it up to you lady!!

xxx

I agree with Milly, it is a nasty thing to say, i'm not sure why anybody would say that especially your sister, it's not something to joke about. I hope she apologised to you hun xx

that is awful hun!!! i can't believe your own sister would say that to you!!!

*hugs* xxxx

No, no apology. She was laughing so I just laughed if off too. Prob should have burst out crying in her face lol and see what she did!

Ive already cried in front of her about ttc before, and she knows how long ive been trying so not sure why she would say that, whether its a joke or not.

Some people eh!? Oh well, onwards and upwards.... :roll:

From one 'barren Karen' to another .... my sister says some cruel things too. Rise above it hun and move on, I've learnt to ignore it when my sis says things to me but it still hurts deep down xx

Its weird isnt it!? I would NEVER say that to anyone let alone my family! Shes always saying stupid things like "you dont have kids so you dont understand". Hate that too.

Im over it now. Back to positive attidude.....for now! :) xx

That's horrible Hun but glad your back to the positive thoughts :). My OH sister is the same with me. Some people just don't put themselves in others shoes before saying things xxx

Oh GOD. I HATE when ppl think they have some sort of special insight into life because they have kids! Really drives me mad! In fact, sometimes I think it has a narrowing effect on peoples views x

id have smacked her in the fact but thats just me. you SHOULD have cried to her face, then maybe shed have known it hurt you... ofc how she WOULDNT know is beyond me,

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back