Am I having another Miscarriage? How accurate is the Clear Blue Receptor?

Desert rose

Reaction score
Hello,

I haven't wrote on her since my last miscarriage but really need some advice. I found i was pregnant a few days ago (and completely shocked as it was only because I kept having very strong positives on the OPKs and had thought I'd had a period only a few weeks before). The Clearblue receptor said 3+weeks and a scan confirmed I was almost 6 weeks and HCG blood levels came back at 7400.

Then last night I started experiencing really bad cramps - more my stomach (lots of gas) and kept having to go to the toilet (TMI sorry) and when I did, I saw a bit of dark blood. I've been spotting every day and am on progesterone but still the cramps worried me. They got worse over night so I phoned the emergency doctor who advised me to take more progesterone and monitor it. I'm still only spotting (although a bit more pinkish) but although cramps have eased, they're still there with the odd shooting pain. I did the ClearBlue test again this morning and it came back at 2-3 weeks (so reduced already) and have just done another one now and it's back at 3+ weeks. I don't know what to think but it doesn't look good does it? I'm pretty sure the 3+ is when your HCG is at 2000 and mine were well above this on Wednesday. Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thank you

Please leave the clear blue alone , they are not accurate and will only give you stress not peace of mind , plus cost you a fortune

And you need to try and relax right now ... Mine never ever went to.3+ and I convinced myself I was having a miscarriage and almost sent myself hysterical .

Here I am at 36 weeks !

Good luck xxxx

Thanks Birdo, that's very reassuring :) Congrats to you! Hopefully I'll be as lucky.
The doc has advised for me to continue with the progesterone and just come in for a blood test and scan on Tuesday

I have no advice Desert Rose but I have my fingers crossed for you that everything is good.
Big hugs hun xx

Ignore the clearblue! They are notoriously unreliable! Cant offer any other advice but hope ur ok xx

Thanks I'll try to - just so frustrating waiting for the clinic's bloods. My husband works away too so not looking forward to going through it on my own if it comes to it. Weird though - I have zero pregnancy symptoms apart from a higher temperature and bit of nausea after eating (which I think is left over from my flu). I'd resigned myself to it being a miscarriage this morning but not had much this afternoon... trying not to have false hope though. xx

Update - I went back to the doctors, having discovered my HCG levels only rose from 7000 - 9000 in 48 hours and saw the embryo. There was a heartbeat but quite low for 6 weeks3days at 90 bpm. Had more bloods done and still waiting for the result. Next US is another week away. Should I prepare myself for the worst?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back