Am I drying up?

Squemers

Reaction score
Our DD is 8 weeks tomorrow and I feel like I'm not producing enough milk to feed her. She doesn't seem hungry but I've not had overflowing boobs and a guzzling baby for almost a week and I'm worried that it's all coming to an end too soon....

I say worried, but I am in bits....

Am I over reacting?

She has been fed with formula twice only and has only recently been given a dummy.

Any help would be greatly appreciated x

Your boobs not leaking just means they are adjusting to supply and demand :) If you feed as much as baby wants you will produce enough milk. So long as baby is producing plenty of wet and dirty nappies and putting on weight they are getting enough milk. But if you are worried then see if there are any breastfeeding clinics in your area where a trained bf counsellor can check baby's latch is OK and reassure you you are doing great x

No this is fine.

Your breasts are supposed to adjust to demand... if they leaked constantly it would be a sign of oversupply and not very fun lol.

Honestly, as long as you are feeding frequently ('on cue') and she is having wet and dirty nappies then don't worry.

Thank you both. I am going to try all the other bits (google it!), like skin on skin and using boob instead of dummy during the day, but it'd good to know I'm not losing the plot!

It sounds like a sign things are going well to me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back