Am I doing the right thing??

Jayceesmumma

Reaction score
I'm so nervous about getting her tongue cut!! The mw is coming at 8 now..
She's decided to feed well today!! Had to let her cry a bit for a feed coz I was in the middle of showering the girls, then I bathed her (hates baths so cried alot) then fed her in her dressing gown.. She fed really well!! It's making me question myself!! She's still not getting a mouthful but she was able to feed and be satisfied which she hasn't done at this time of night for two weeks!!! What if this makes her worse??? What of she can't feed after at all coz she's not used to her tongue movements??!!!

What of I've mistaken this for just a cold she's not feeling 100%??? Or a growth spurt?? I've been eating like a horse recently to get my milk stronger maybe it's finally worked and that was the problem???

I'm with mrsmc talk to the mw when she turns up and see what she thinks if her tongue and her feeding and calm down babe you'll be fine xx

I agree hun, talk to the mw. Could you put off having it done for a short time and see if feeding gets better?

Thing is she's coming a long way and will still want paying.. Plus if I wait for nhs then will have to go to hospital.. Whereas we are at home and comfortable..

She is doing it at home??? With Caitlin they said if she needed it done, it would be done under a general anaesthetic, as it is too painful for it to be cut without. They used to snip it with scissors when they were born, now they say that is a bit barbaric when baby is older and do it under a ga.

Rósa;2432407 said:
She is doing it at home??? With Caitlin they said if she needed it done, it would be done under a general anaesthetic, as it is too painful for it to be cut without. They used to snip it with scissors when they were born, now they say that is a bit barbaric when baby is older and do it under a ga.

When they get past 6months it's more painful and healing time is longer, had it done at home yeah.. My sister had it done as an adult and it took ten days before she could eat and had to have physio for her tongue..

Yeah she's had it done gonna post a pic in the images thread I've got..

Ah bless her, hope she's ok, I'll have a look at the images. Hope it works x

Hope u r feeling better bout it now hun ? I'm sure u made the right decision for u and lily. Like u said u think that was the cause of weaning problems with Ellie so now it's done no need to worry xxx

So glad it went well. You should be proud of yourself for getting it sorted so quickly. At least she will recover quickly as shes so young. Hopefully it well help her feed better x

Defo feel better now it's done!! It was an 80% tie so defo needed it!! She was so good!! And she's happy as anything!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back