Am I crazy?!

leannie

Reaction score
Me and ex are no longer on speaking terms, he was very nasty to me the last time we emailed each other. To cut a long story short he said this pregnancy is my responsibility not his as I was the one who wanted to keep bubba, not him. Anyway, I am going to find out the sex this wkend and I have mailed him letting him know about this and if he wants to know sex aswell can he let me know, if not i will let him know when baby is here. Am I crazy for even doing this? Should I have bothered letting him know as he has shown no interest? Im feeling pretty down at the mo and think I am clutching at straws in the hope he actually wants to know baby. This is not usually like me as I have been pretty strong and my attitude has been to hell with him. I feel I have let myself down. :(

Seems to me it's perfectly natural to hope that your ex will want to be a part of your baby's life. Don't beat yourself up over it!!

my ex was the same and i to clutched at straws to get him interested - even though i couldnt use the sex of the baby as i couldnt find out - since i had braydon he played interested till he was on the Birth certificate and now dont give to shits so not saying its the same but just dont let him take u forgranted

I am in the same situation as well hun as you know. My ex couldn't face the responsibility and was a git throughout the pregnancy, then started to be nice about a month ago and made what he thought was an effort (just tried to be nice and that was it). I told him last week that there would be no us as I would never trust him and I haven't heard a word since. No concern for the well being of the baby or anything. I don't know what to do when I am in labour in a few weeks, do I tell him. He will just show interest to get put on the birth cert so he has rights about a week before I expect but he has shown no concern throughout really and I don't know whether to tell him after she is born or if he even deserves to know that. If he can't be bothered to contact me to ask how mother and baby are then surely we shouldn't go out of our way to inform them of what's happening as they don't seem to care. If they wanna know what's going on then they contact us I reckon. I will have to see how I feel on my day of labour though to whether I want him there or not. Probably not though.

Good luck hun and let me know how you get on. Like I said though if they can't be assed to contact us to find out how their baby is then stuff em, why should we!

Mail me anyway, hope you are OK

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well i sent him an email yesterday lunch time and its now lunch time today. Have had no response whatsoever. I cant do anymore. Its obvious he isnt interested.

I've mailed you in work - f*** him then hun! xxxxxx

Not got your email chick! I did that - look where it got me he he :p

x x x x

i didnt tell my ex when i was in labour left my dad to tell him about 4 hours later lol - he didnt even ask wot the baby was girl/boy how much he weighed etc he showed interest till he was on BC and then buggered off and only pays interested when his mum says he has to - but id prefer him to bugger of for my babys sake i dont want braydon to be let down in the future

Sorry to hear that your not getting any support from the baby's Father.
I'm in pretty much the same situation although the guy in question now lives abroad so has a great excuse for not being around although he had only just moved abroad at the time of me finding out i was pregnant and was not starting his new job for 6 weeks so could have came back but didn't. He really didn't want to know & thought he was clearing his conscience by saying he would give me money for the child which is a total cop out but thats men for you. Anyway, I'm gonna give him updates on where i'm at throughout the pregnancy (to clear my conscience so to speak) He can choose to be at the birth although he has used the escuse that he wont be able to make it due to work commitments which is garbage but i think as long as i keep him informed then its then just up to him and if he makes no effort when the baby is older then you know you have done all you can. The only reason my ex actually wants to participate in any way at the moment is because he is contributing to the babies upkeep and so wants to know what he is paying for...Getting his money's worth if you like...It's pretty sad really..

My ex said that he would like to know sex! I was suprised as he hadnt wanted to know previously but thought well maybe he is getting used to the idea now. Anyway i phoned his work num Thurs so he would have to speak to me and he was quite pleasant. He asked me to mail him at work as he was going in Sat.

Had my scan on Sat ( IM HAVING A PERFECT LITLLE BOY)!!!! and mailed him afterwards. Didnt have a reply. Still havent heard anything so why he wanted to know is beyond me. Im hoping that once Feb is here he will come round. Im not bitter anymore about the way he has treated me and the situation. I have my gorgeous little man on his way come Feb and thats all that matters to me now. I wish my ex the best of luck in his life, he will never have what I will have - the unconditional love of my baby boy, the first step, the first tooth, the first word and so on. (not looking forward to the cold days of standing on a football field though he he)!

Who said anything about football, he may well want to be a ballet dancer. Only messing. I'm really glad you are being so strong about it all and you are right he is missing out on all the greatest things that you will see. You seem so happy hun and I am happy for ya. Sod the men!

Ex xxxxxxxx

Lol! I could have the next Billy Elliot on my hands! At least it will be a lot warmer indoors than out on a pitch he he! :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back