Am I being stupid?

Vic27

Reaction score
The other night I posted about losing my mucus plug when I had went to the toilet there was a kind of bloody mucus in the toilet kinda like when u blow ur nose. I didn't have any when wiping but started getting cramping and as I was just over 36 weeks I called my mw who said to keep an eye on it which I did and everything has been fine. However last night I went for a pee and when I wiped there was some mucus tinged with brown jelly like stuff so I went to bed and have woken this morning to the same kind of thing but its now a pink/brown colour and only on wiping. The thing I'm confused about is is it a bloody show or am I slowly losing my plug? When I look online its a bit confusing and I'm worried that the discharge has a light bloodiness in it is this normal? Is there anything I should do? Baby is moving about mad ATM so think he's ok x

Ive not had a show yet. But from what ive read from others over the last few weeks, it sounds normal. That you are just losing it slowly.

I hope somebody else can reassure you. I didnt want to just read and run xx

Sent from my GT-I9300

Ok stupid question but I thought a show was loosing the plug...are they two different things?

Xx

No.. its the same thing x

Sent from my GT-I9300

That's y I'm asking lol cos when u check online its a bit confusing some say its the same some say they are different do just wanted to check x

hi hun, sounds like you are having some kind of show and from what i got told at antenatal and birth class was to ring the hospital if you have any kind of show! especially if its any other colour than a bloody show or your waters breakin. it doesnt mean anythin is wrong ya just have to let them know so they can make a decision cuz what your describin is somethin that can happen in early labour. (latent stage) its called a bloody show (blood-tinged mucus) . i will be callin the hospital soon as my plug goes or waters break just so im keepin them aware of whats happenin and i think it makes you feel better gettin professional advise xx

Apparently you can loose some plug early and it 'grows back' so shouldn't be anything to worry about

just been readin my book (bible as i call it!) lol and i dont think you have just lost your plug from what your describing . losing your plug and a bloody show are two completely different things.. work out by the sound of these which one applys to you.. hope this helps :D

MUCOUS PLUG..
the clear, globby, gelatinous blob-like barrier that has corked your cervix throughout preg. it is a sign that your body is preparin for the big day that is all. its not a reliable signal that your going into labour and could still mean your weeks away. in other words , some women dont even notice that their plug has gone.

BLOODY SHOW..
a mucous discharge, tinged pink or brown with blood, it is usually a sign that the blood vessels in the cervix are rupturing as it dilates and effaces and the process that leads to delivery is well under way. once you have had a bloody show in the loo or on your underwear , pants etc. chances are your babys arrival is just a day or two away. but chances are you will still be left guessing when those first true contractions start. if your discharge becomes bright red contact the hospital straight away.

readin this it made more sense why the mw's advise you to ring if you have had a bloody show just so they know whats going on :D better to be safe like i say :D xx

Thanks girls I phoned the mw because I was sitting watching tv with just a bath towel around me and stood up and felt a trickle down my leg whatever it was it was clear so I phoned and told them what has been happening and she told me to put a pad on and phone back in 2 hours time so need to wait and see x

thought so hun, sounds like somethins definitely happenin for you :D just chill out n read tips on early labour n how to cope :D xx

I keep thinking am I imagining all this lol I feel ok which I'm surprised at it kinda feels like when ur bout to start ur period I bet u it'll b a false alarm but thought I'd better check just incase. I'm supposed to b having my baby shower tomo I could end up having a baby instead lol! X

I'm in the same position as you but without the trickle. I've been having shows since Thursday morning With really bad cramping on and off. Rand midwife and she said its just our bodies preparing for the labour but it could be time. I'm finding this bit quite hard just waiting as the me said to watch for contractions but when I've hot the bad cramping I don't know how to tell the difference ! Good luck

Last edited:
I'm in the same position as you but without the trickle. I've been having shows since Thursday morning With really bad cramping on and off. Rand midwife and she said its just our bodies preparing for the labour but it could be time. I'm finding this bit quite hard just waiting as the me said to watch for contractions but when I've hot the bad cramping I don't know how to tell the difference ! Good luck

Aww Hun I feel for u I just feel totally clueless and I hate the not knowing I really don't think this is it for me but u never know I'm just sitting waiting lol don't know wot to do with myself atm I feel the odd little cramp mainly in my legs but that's bout it i just wanna know if this is the beginnings of something or not its so frustrating! X

And I think the trickle was just discharge tbh but I haven't really had an increase in this lately so it was quite sudden but I'm thinking cos its hot too then maybe that's what it's been like a kinda mixture sorry tmi! Hope ur ok Hun x

I seem to get the cramping midnight to 4am so shattered. Midwife said to rest when can, it will all be worth it in the end for all of us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back