Am i being silly? (not pregnancy related)

smnicholson92

Reaction score
So on wednesday its my 21st birthday and my mum and step dad have just told me that they are goin to turkey for three weeks on wednesday at 6.00am so im not gonna get to see then at all on my birthday now normally it wouldnt reli both me as my birthday is the middle of summer i kinda expect people to be away and stuff but this has reli upset me as its my 21st they could have gone like a week later so they were here for my birthday but no the have decided to go on tge wednesday now do u think im being selfish and silly for getting pissed off and upset with them or does anyone else think that this is a bit oit of order? O and they always sed to me as i was growing up that i could either have a big party for my 18th or my 21st as tgey couldnt afford both so i sed i would have one for my 21st and so i spoke to my mum aboit it the otger week and tgis is wen they told me that they wouldnt be able to afford it cuz they were paying for there holiday but my sister had a party for both her 18th and 21st now i may be bing silly and it might just be my hormones but i dont think it is, i just 'ant stop thinking about it and everytime i do i get even more annoyed xxx

No ur not being silly! Its unfair for ur sister to get 2 parties and for u to get none. And its not nice of them to book their holiday on ur birthday. I'd be pissed off with them too and I'd have to tell them exactly how I feel (but I'm a bit mouthy so maybe that's not the option for everyone) x

Tapatalking from my blackberry!

My dad was on rugby tour on my 18th and 21st- didn't bother me

Have your parents helped you with baby stuff at all?

It wouldn't bother me I'm afraid but I also know my parents would try and be fair party cost wise. Maybe they didn't realise you wanted the party if you have only just mentioned it especially as pregnant. Have a big one for 30 instead. Sorry that doesn't help you and everyone will react differently to this type of things. X

I would be really upset, personally think they should have waited till after your birthday. And if they couldn't afford a party then perhaps offered to take you out for a nice meal or something.

Do you think this is a lie as they are arranging a surprise party for you? & they both need to be out of the house early to arrange things? Maybe they have your presents etc in the suitcases? If not it sucks! My 30th was a bit like that. At 7pm my dad said 'so where do u want to go for dinner then?' They hadn't even booked anywhere!!! Charming!!!x

Do you think this is a lie as they are arranging a surprise party for you? & they both need to be out of the house early to arrange things? Maybe they have your presents etc in the suitcases? If not it sucks! My 30th was a bit like that. At 7pm my dad said 'so where do u want to go for dinner then?' They hadn't even booked anywhere!!! Charming!!!x

Na defenatly not a lie haha ive seen the tickets and things would be nice tho haha.
And we did talk about the party at the end of ladt year and then again wen i was pregnant xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back