Am I abnormal? Hate being pregnant :(

lrb

Reaction score
Is this wrong?? I feel terrible but I haven't enjoyed one day of my pregnancy yet. When is it supposed to get better!?!? 27 weeks and I haven't felt "normal" since the day before I found out I was pregnant. Just want her to come out, I'm not excited, I can't get excited in just miserable. I wouldn't wish hypermesis gravidarium on my worst enemy!! Or SPD!! At last scan I was told I have a low lying placenta, not worried about it but fed up and wanna know if it's moved or still same! I work at a nursery, I'm only bank staff but they have me working everyday, it's such hard work there always under staffed and I feel I can't say no and when I do they make me feel so guilty. Im so uncomfortable at the mo I feel like I shouldn't feel like this for weeks as yet, but getting so miserable! Although I've been miserable since about 6 weeks pregnant when sickness started! Urgh I'm really ranting but dunno what to do. I have work 8-6 tomoZ and just don't wanna go in, I never do. Wanna stay at home all day everyday! Can't afford to but don't care! :/ ow :(

ive got t say hun....i feel the same at almost 31 weeks. mentally not felt myself since dat1...hate my body expanding n fed up with spd as it makes everything so hard t do...grrrrr.
really cnt wait for baby t be hete but i honestly think thisll b the first n last time we have a baby.
does make ya feel guilty tho doesnt it??
xxxx

I feel like I haven't bonded with her like I should have because I'm not enjoying it I'm constantly fed up and it's because of her. Which it isn't at all so I do feel sad that I'm thinking like that which then makes me feel down. I'm worried I'm being a terrible person for thinking like this, so what sort of a mum am I going to be? We ttc for so long and she is so wanted but I don't see it as I'm getting our baby at end I just can't see past all this I feel at mo! X

I'm really sorry for how you are feeling. I don't have anything that you are currently going through. But just think you are closer to the end date today than you were yesterday. xx

I feel the same, ill rather than pregnant.... Really can't wait for it to be over.

I am the same I have hated being pregnant! I love the fact that me and OH have created a little life but the actual pregnancy bit has been my idea of a nightmare.

Sent from my gorgeous iphone4

It's kind of reassuring I'm not the only one but seems so odd, you expect so much before pregnant that once you are it's nothing like you first thought and upsetting its not like people make it out to be. You hear stories but just expect your pregnancy to be normal

I am with u on that. I feel so guilty because I wanted it so much. But as my mw said u want the end product not the pregnant bit and it is tough on our bodies. :hug: I have spd bad too Hun so totally know how draining it is! But we know it will be worth it when the babies are here

I don't wanna leave house, hurts to walk but not only that I just don't wanna go out, has it been like this for you? Did u work? X

Yeah I have had crutches since 28weeks. I stopped work at 16 weeks. It was just impossible. Have been on a high dose of co codamol since 9weeks :-(

Bloody hell. Makes mine sound like nothing!
I'm starting to worry I'm gonna have to give in work earlier than I thought, but it's so hard as I'll have to go back so the earlier I start my mat leave the younger she will b when I go bk!

I was worried but I went to see HR and if I am signed off sick my mat leave starts 4weeks before due date which is when I was gonna take it anyway.

Might be worth finding out. I have a physical job so no way I could have coped.

:hug: according to my consultant tho having spd means r pelvis is better for passing the baby thru and it opens up more like a horse :shock:

I feel for you having to work in a nursery! I did my placement at one a month or so ago and it wasn't awful but just the effort that has to go in to everything you do - I just didnt have the energy and couldnt be arsed!!

Ive found through my experience that my body doesnt do being pregnant very well! ISH has put it perfectly, I feel like Im going through an illness or recovering from a disease.

Like a horse:shock:!?! Probs not what I should be saying to make things better but my friend had SPD and gave birth 7 weeks ago. Her SPD is still there and she still had bad days just as bad as when pregnant! I thought it went! :(
Yeah I don't get sick pay or nothing as not contracted to any hours so my mat leave is maternity allowance. X

I think everyone is different when it comes to recovery some ppl it's instant some ppl it takes a while! Guess we just have to wait and see which we are fx the first option.

Pain about ur maternity Hun :hug:

Irb as you can see everyone feels similar to you but from what your saying you sound like you have pre natal depression!?!! I think you needs to see your gp and go from there I don't want to worry you but you need it sorted as it can develop into post natal depression if not treated hugs to you xxx

I would freely admit I hate being pregnant (not that Im not happy I am if that makes sense) I hate getting bigger, turning into a recluse, not being able to do all the stuff I normally can and I have SPD this time and its agony to walk :( I hated pregnancy with DD as had kidney stones and was bleeding, but I can honestly say when they hand you your newborn baby its all worth it :)

I know how you feel about working, I was working up until a week ago, although my mat leave doesnt start till Jan (I had holidays to take). As for SPD, Ive been referred to a physio, hoping I get it soon. I can barely walk and it feels as though someone is kicking me in the foof with steeltoe capped boots :( I would say be careful when you go into labour, my mw has told me this will make labour alot harder and if I need I would get an epidural but then if they use forceps they can damage the pelvic muscle more, and thats why some people still have the SPD after :( xxx

I hated being pregnant with all 3 of mine ! Had SPD with all of them signed off from 25 weeks with Rhea . Didn't feel like I has bonded properly with her either but as soon as she was born I knew I had. My SPD as pretty much gone although get a little bit of pain now and then but nothing like it was ! Xxx

With you all on this one ladies not enjoyed any of it this time round!

Everything hurts, cant get comfy, cant do what i normally would,

Ive been irratable, emotional, angry you name it!

Not slept properly for months and will be glad when its all over xxx

Thank you for all your replies, it's nice to explain how you feel to people and know your not alone. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back