Always Skint! Too many benefit forms!

I've never had to claim benefits or had any dealing with it myself but I do remember a girl I know getting something called a crisis loan, which you may be entitled to until your benefit application is processed. It's worth a try xxx

I work for the benefits office and if you call up for a crisis loan they will either give you some to cover you or call up the office dealing with your claim to see if they can get it done right away and pay you that day. Make sure you tell them your pregnant and have no money for food x

Sorry you are in this situation its shite :-(
I ended up losing my job when i was pg and freaked out! I had been working full time since I was 14 (10years) and the thought of claiming was sickening. I had to go job centre with a massive belly pretending I was looking for work (my belly was huge, it was rediculous) got asked my life history to be told I was entitled to nothing! Yet the druggies and low lifes there were getting it easy!

As you have been working you should get maternity allowance, look into it and call them to ask if you qualify because its confusing. You won't get this till October ish but its worth it.
Really push for it and get anything you can while holding your head high. You deserve the help! It's genuine people like you that would rather sell everything than claim who we pay taxes to help!
I am always skint too it sucks arse, but i do not feel guilty about my mat allowance as I have earned it and so have you! Good luck Hun xxx

Oh hun

Unexpected pregnancies can be a HUGE strain, not only buying baby stuff but also the time you need to take off work. Moving to a bigger house ect. Unfortunately there isn't much you can do apart from apply for what you can & stick it out. I was in a well paid full time job when I had my first age 20, also in a private let, I was however on very low maternity pay £300 a month & around the same time OH's work contract finished so we had £300 to pay rent/council tax - everything, no one could help I wasn't entitled to any housing benefit, income support NOTHING. My £300 had to go to rent & I kid you not I was left with no food, no gas/elec, fecking nothing!! I didn't think it was possible i could be left like that being pregnant but i was & it was the most difficult thing. We obviously had to eat - luckily i was allowed an overdraft with my bank, if I hadn't we would have had to steal food. I did end up in big debt because of the overdraft tho as it had alot of charges & i ended up not being able to pay it off until 4 years down the line. It was only when baby was born i was entitled to some help, and i had to wait nearly 10 weeks after birth to get any sort of tax credits/ child benefit ect. Bloody nightmare.

:wall2:

Massive hugs! :hug:

Your story is slightly different, but seems so similar to mine!
I did cry when in a room being rejected for help when ppl in the room are those that are proud of jail time!
I'm also in overdraft, we argue bout money all the time. We were actually told by arse of old landlord the day after my due date that we had to move because the house was being repossessed! We also were lucky to have a lot of things bought for us, but other things I bought second hand , its fine but look enviously at ladies wondering which 800 pound PRAM to buy from namaste and papas. I got mine 15quid on Gumtree!
I had to sell my car too which was shit, and that money went quick :-(
Things will get better its just hard to see right now, you have a lot on. We struggled for deposit but we did it and still struggle with money, both of us overdrafts maxed but we are ok.
If you need to talk or moan or watever plese don't hesitate to pm me if you like xxx

Glad you are starting to feel better :)
I feel exactly the same, hate lazy benefit thieves and waste of space people taking my tax money grrr
But hey just remember karma will come back around, they will be shit on, and we will win the lotto and Brian and I will come to Bedfordshire in our rangerover and we cm go shopping in mamas and papas :)

Also, your babies are due very near my birthday! 21st :) x x

Sorry I didn't write it properly, my birthday is 21st of Nov :) my older bro and sis are twins and they were born about 35 weeks :) that's a shame they won't tell you the sex's, do you know if identical?
My baby is Brian, he is 10 weeks :) Mike is my partner. I would say they can carry bags, but yes they would need the car to carry it Haha!

Totally jknow what you mean, do people have no self respect?
I can't imagine going through life and when you are old and some one asks what you did with your life and you replywell took other peoples money to buy fags and booze, got drunk and did drugs and went to jail a few times. Bleuch.
I found that, so shocked how hard I found it when I knew how hard i had been working. Night shifts in old peoples homes, a levels then work after school and weekends. It's genuine people that need it who don't claim . For example my poor fil is in pain everyday, can barely walk yet does a physical job long days 5 days a week, and when younger for years did a second job as fireman! Yet the country doesn't respect him :-(

Omg I have tried to write a respone twice now and my phone has deleted it! Aaaarrrgghhhhh!

Basically trying to say your hospital is shit, hope you get your scan!
And was ranting more about benefit bums, and how oh sil is a smoking pregnant over 20 stone benefit bum

O so the things you need they sorta have, but don't. I would be so annoyed!,

I hate letters like that :-( can you get them to let you pay a lil late when benefits come through?

You won't believe what we had just before we left old property. One day an official letter comes through the post for oh. It's a court summons from council saying he has to go to court for oweing £1000! I freaked out! We had been living there Nov '11 till May '12 and paid monthly. Oh called them as his job would be affected as well as us not having that sort of money, turned out that landlord had not paid since Jan'11!! I was fuming! Seriously hate that guy, he put us through a lot in that place but luckily we sorted it out with council and they are now after him.

Sounds similar to what we had, British gas certified the boiler unsafe after landlord got non corgi guy to do it, but he never fixed it so we had to live with it unsafe! Can't believe what they are like! Like you said, bodge jobs, like paint drips everywhere, no skirting boards, and on door hinges only one screw where there should have been 3!! Can't believe that about your sockets, so dangerous! Our landlord did try to blame us and keep money but oh (policeman) wrote an amazing letter telling him nicely to f off as he will take him to court because of unsafe boiler and no smoke alarms.
Glad your doesn't have to pay that council tax but shame about other bills :-(
You know what feel like I'm trying to save gas by adding layers and always turn off switches etc but still prices so high :-(

You know what I've done that too LOL! Been looking at things i can do with looking after baby cos childcare would take any money earned from a job. I been trying to think of things i could make and sell but I don't think I'm good enough :-(

What does your oh do? What work did you do?
Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back