Also back in again

emcayo

Reaction score
Back in with good HCG doubling numbers from 189 12dpo to 496 on 14dpo, but I'm having such heavy feeling/cramping in my lower uterus/cervix area. Anyone know if this is normal? I had this feeling in my three miscarriages and worried...

Hi emcayo, congratulations! Those numbers are great. I’ve also had 3 miscarriages and I’m currently 27 weeks with my 4th pregnancy. I’ve had that feeling in all 4 of my pregnancies so I think it’s comoletely normal and just everything growing and stretching. The worry never goes, I still can’t relax even at 27 weeks but try and focus on how good those numbers are. This is a different pregnancy and hopefully your little rainbow is getting nice and snug in there xx

Thank you @LucyC. It's so so hard. I will be at peace if this one also doesn't work out. I really have shifted my whole mentality about pregnancy since I've had these losses. It's the best coping mechanism I can come up with. Today my breasts aren't as sore, and so I'm convinced that things aren't going well, which may very well end up being the case. I will find out today with my third HCG draw and will update here either way. I guess my intuition is telling me something is wrong again, and it told me the same for the last three.

What makes me feel better this time is that I have a plan for if I have another miscarriage, which is to start taking injectable Lovenox prescribed by my Perinatologist. He offered it to me this time, but because all I have is homozygous MTHFR I was on the fence about it. This process truly is grueling.

I hope the hcg draw went well. Keeping everything crossed for you.

I am actually taking lovenox injections with this pregnancy. I don’t know if they’re the reason that I’ve got this far or not but they definitely haven’t hurt to try.

Totally understand the coping strategy and it was the same with having a plan for the next pregnancy to try and help me through the losses. I really hope this is it for you though xx

Well my HCG has gone up to 1022, which is a 106% rise from 496 in 48 hours. But the first rise from 12dpo to 14dpo was 160% in 48 hours. Does this mean my HCG is slowing down in its rise? Or am I just looking for something to worry about at this point? I can't believe how fast the nurse called me back--less than two hours!

God the anxiety is so horrible.

That’s a great rise and great numbers for so early too. Just try and focus on that. With my first miscarriage my hcg at 16dpo was only 38! Will you have another draw now in a few days? Xx

As far as I know the rate of the rise does fluctuate a bit but as long as its roughly doubling it sounds like good news! Thinking of you

I don't think I'll have another draw since I had three already, but now I'm going crazy waiting for the early ultrasound in 12 days... My symptoms come and go, too, leaving me in a panic for parts of the day.

I did also read that after HCG reaches 1200 it tends to slow down a bit, so I am so so so hoping that's it.

I'm now about 5 weeks few days in and my nipple pain went away and was replaced the next day by whole breast pain. But now today all the breast pain is totally going away, my nipples feel totally normal I just feel like I'm miscarrying, with shooting pains in the cervix area and cramping that feels more miscarriage-ey than the dull pain I have been feeling up to this point. This process is too anxiety inducing, and all I know is disappointment and miscarriage.

I asked the nurse if I could do another beta tomorrow, even though it will tell us little at this point. So I might have some clarity tomorrow. I just don't feel right. Has anyone experienced this?

I got my fourth levels drawn and they were good at 7100 which works out to a 117% rise per 48 hours and I'm just five weeks. But OF COURSE a few hours later I started spotting brown. The nurse said to be cautiously optimistic, but with three miscarriages and no live pregnancies already under my belt I'm pretty sure I know what this means. I'm ready to be devastated again.

Oh emcayo, I’m so sorry to hear that you’re spotting and of course you’re anxious but with this pregnancy I’ve spotted all the way through. First lot was at 5+5 and I thought the same as you, but went for an early scan and there was a little heartbeat flashing away, how long until your scan now? Xx

Back in with good HCG doubling numbers from 189 12dpo to 496 on 14dpo, but I'm having such heavy feeling/cramping in my lower uterus/cervix area. Anyone know if this is normal? I had this feeling in my three miscarriages and worried...

Hey I Just replied to you on my message.. I also had cramps ( hence why I called for an early appointment ) among other reasons, she said that's it's 100% normal to have cramps because your uterus is doubling in size, and its a positive sign. as long as you don't have heavy bleeding. auk I really hope you and everyone here are going good. please keep me updated on your progress.. hugs and love sent xx

Cramping getting worse, spotting continues, have an ultrasound scheduled for 1pm fully expecting the worst again. Four miscarriages, no live births. We are nearing the end of our options. Next will be Lovenox. Will also throw in CoQ10 to the mix. I am at a loss for why this is happening and so are my doctors.

Good luck for the ultrasound em I really hope it turns out to be good news, I really feel for you, keeping my fingers crossed for you x

Thinking of you Em, hope the ultrasound went well <3

The ultrasound did go well, and the nurse said I measured 5 weeks 3 days, one day behind what they had calculated, which she said was fine. I was a wreck the whole appointment, but she said she saw nothing abnormal (i.e. bleeding in the uterus) and could see the beginnings of a fetal pole (a tiny little smudge in the sac). I am continuing to spot, but it could possibly be from the prometrium suppositories I'm using twice a day? They were giving me pink discharge in the beginning but the day I thought I was miscarrying it changed to brown and honestly looks very much like brown blood and pieces of tissue. I'm still very cautious and not expecting anything for the next ultrasound on Thursday, but it was good nonetheless to see what was going on. The nurse said some spotting can be normal, but I'm not out of the woods yet. My nightmare is that it stopped growing then and next week I will discover that it's not alive anymore.

So now I have a slightly excruciating wait until Thursday where they expect to see and hear the heartbeat. If not I will be devastated. Thank goodness for you guys and all your support. This is such a stressful time. <3

Have any of you used progesterone suppositories and had this spotting? Since the ultrasound that seems like the most likely cause. I'm also feeling a little nauseous after eating in the mornings, and not sure if this is beginning of morning sickness as today I'd be 5 weeks 5 days pregnant.

Can you tell this is my first time making it this far? I feel like a crazy person.

I didn’t take the suppositories but when I went for an early scan due to spotting the sonographer asked if I was taking them as she said they do cause spotting in lots of people and people panic but it’s really common. It could definitely be the cause of yours.

The fact that this is as far as you’ve ever got, that you’re measuring pretty much on track and that they could see the start of a feral pole are all amazing signs.

Now one day at a time until you have your next scan xx

Scan went well. Heartbeat was there, measured 6 weeks 4 days. I am feeling so nauseous at all times I don't know what to do. Last night I could stomach a few items but this morning I can't even think about food. Trying to remember to be happy about this even if it's miserable in the moment.

Scan went well. Heartbeat was there, measured 6 weeks 4 days. I am feeling so nauseous at all times I don't know what to do. Last night I could stomach a few items but this morning I can't even think about food. Trying to remember to be happy about this even if it's miserable in the moment.

Ahh thats great. ( not good your feeling tbaf hopefully it will pass.) I hope this is your time, x

I'm back again, this time with red bleeding yesterday and a big piece of tissue this morning. There are also little pieces but I think those might be from the progesterone suppositories. I'm convinced it's really over this time, and will get confirmation this afternoon at my scan. I should be 7 weeks 5 days today, but breasts are official no longer sore and the red blood just seems like the nail in the coffin for this whole thing. It will make it the fourth miscarriage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back