Already started buying baby things?

x kylie x

Reaction score
Hey girls xx

I just wanted to ask if any of you have already bought any baby stuff?

I think ive been naughty and a little addicted to ebay and bought quite a bit today :p

Now i am sat here hopeing everything is going to be okay and woundering if i should of waited?

Anyone got any advice on when they started buying? xx

I haven't, I'm waiting for a while as I don't think there's any rush so waiting until abit nearer the time. I dont think there's anything wrong with buying things early though, each to their own!

My mums bought some stuff but just because she's excited like you lol :') she hasn't given any of it to me yet though (I live with my dad) xx

I bought my first thing at 12 weeks, and bought little bits up until 22 week scan as DH didn't want any "boring" stuff (neutral things!) went a bit mad after that, and now Pip has a 6 drawer chest full of clothes :blush:

I bought my first thing at 12 weeks, and bought little bits up until 22 week scan as DH didn't want any "boring" stuff (neutral things!) went a bit mad after that, and now Pip has a 6 drawer chest full of clothes :blush:

Haha that is going to be one very well dressed baby boy!!

We have bought a few things.... the cutest little going home outfit and a few blankets.

We are staying team yellow but are only waiting on getting anything else until we buy the chest of drawers to put everything into.... also have to decide on a colour for the nursery.

I don't think there is anything wrong with buying things though hun. It's only natural.... and it means that you are spreading the cost x

I am dieing 2 by things but scared 2 :( had my scan and everything is f9 but just cant buy anything evan though I want 2

Thanks girls xx

I couldnt help myself i have been wanting to buy for a while now but havent wanted to jynx myself but now ive had 2 scans im sure i am safe so ive just been buying extra cute unusual outfits for now untill i find out the gender :)

Aww i think if you had the scan you should be fine hunxx

I bought a pair of mittens after my 12 week scan as it was waving its hands about. This weekend we're going looking at prams, not buying any clothes until after 20 weeks when we know the gender

i waited til after ym 20 week scan, it was the i felt ready to, havent got alot now need to get my finger out really,but its up to you when you feel ready i guess x

Gosh I started buying bits and bats straight away! Then I got to about 30 weeks pregnant and had nothing left to buy, now I am due pretty much, I feel all unorganised and like I am missing loads, ( I dont think I am but I just feel unprepared now lol) , I say if you want to start buying now then why not, its an enjoyable experience :) x

I started buying stuff after my 12 week scan :D. Just couldn't resist! Only like boxes of nappies and wipes and bubble bath/shampoo etc. Not going to buy clothes or anything til after 20 weeks when I find out if it's team pink or blue :D.

I haven't bought anything yet, I'm too scared to!! Hubby wants to start clearing out the spare room but I don't want to do that either!! Think I might wait til my 20 wk scan. Will feel a lot happier then. But if you feel ready then that's great, I wish I could stop worrying and go on a spending spree!! Xx

Erm, well we aren't even starting TTC till next week and we have already bought a buggy (as it was a really good deal from my husband's friend!), we have a rocker/carrier type thing (given to me by a friend), and a bottle steriliser (also given to me!). I keep looking at things on eBay and at the cute baby clothes in the shops........all I need now is a BFP!!! Lol. Hope I haven't jinxed things, I just can't help myself! Xxx

The only thing we've bought is a little bunny from Mamas & Papas.

When we've had our scan on Monday, we're going into town to put a deposit down on the pram.

Oh and mum and sister have bought us a crib we liked, which is currently residing in mum's place.

We're not going to go mad buying things yet - just the basics I think.

I had my first look at baby clothes today but i won't buy anything till after my 20 week scan, i want to know the sex of my little nugget so then i can color co-ordinate! :D

Only thing we've bought is a pram...bought it 5 mins ago on kiddicare! Yay. Didn't want to get anything before 12 week scan & prob won't buy anything else until after 20 week scan. Just couldn't resist a bargain x

I didn't buy anything till 18 weeks and now I'm stopping till my 21 week scan next week xxx

at 6 weeks i bought a cradle, high chair, baby bouncer iv stocked up on nappies wipes baby bath and shampoo iv got a wardrobe full of clothes and loads of vests - im just going to continue buying nappies baby bath ect util i find out what im having then i can buy blue or pink - i think you should buy when ever you feel comftable buying and it gets you all excited buying things :) xx

Haven't really given it any thoughts yet, maybe when l started showing but this thread has actually made me want to run to the closest mothercare!!! Think getting nappies etc is a good idea, especially when they are on offer xx

I've got quite a few bits as my cousin gave us a moses basket, bouncy chair and bath unit. My MIL buys bits all the time and is ordering our swinging crib in the next week (although that will stay at her house for now). I've got some neutral clothes but have stopped buying until after my 20 week scan so am stocking up on nappies and wipes instead. I love buying baby bits and it means I'm spreading the cost and feeling pretty organised :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back