Almost positive opk CD 6 and then inconsistent tests...

Snidy

Reaction score
So this is my first month using OPKs. I’ve been trying to conceive now for about 2 years with about 10 months of really “trying”. Well this OPK testing has me confused already. I got a near positive on CD 6 and then after that they have gone from darker to lighter. Could this be a sign of PCOS? My gynecologist has done exams and I’ve had a normal ultrasound. My cycle is normally 28 days sometimes 29 but very normal. Any insight?? I’ve attached a pic of my OPKs

13BDF713-D658-412C-94E9-413F36580D72.jpeg

So this is my first month using OPKs. I’ve been trying to conceive now for about 2 years with about 10 months of really “trying”. Well this OPK testing has me confused already. I got a near positive on CD 6 and then after that they have gone from darker to lighter. Could this be a sign of PCOS? My gynecologist has done exams and I’ve had a normal ultrasound. My cycle is normally 28 days sometimes 29 but very normal. Any insight?? I’ve attached a pic of my OPKs

View attachment 86475
To follow up with this the only OPK I didn’t attach yet was the evening of CD 10 which wasn’t STARK white and the lightest so far.

Just keep testing hun.
If your only on CD10 then it is too early for ovulation if you have a 28-29 day cycle.
I would say you will ovulated around CD13-15.
I am guessing CD6 was just after you finished AF? This is normal to get a small surge so this would indicate why the OPK was darker.
It’s a lot of effort doing OPK but just keep at all and you will see your positive. Good luck.

Just keep testing hun.
If your only on CD10 then it is too early for ovulation if you have a 28-29 day cycle.
I would say you will ovulated around CD13-15.
I am guessing CD6 was just after you finished AF? This is normal to get a small surge so this would indicate why the OPK was darker.
It’s a lot of effort doing OPK but just keep at all and you will see your positive. Good luck.

Thank you for your reply. If it’s normal to get a small surge then this makes sense! Now I feel silly. I guess I was expecting to see more of a progression until my positive OPK but you’re right it’s still early! Thank you!

Thank you for your reply. If it’s normal to get a small surge then this makes sense! Now I feel silly. I guess I was expecting to see more of a progression until my positive OPK but you’re right it’s still early! Thank you!
You shouldn't feel silly at all. We are all learning in this journey.
The cheap OPK's can take a while to getting use to, they can be stark white at one point in the day and then you can get your positive the same day so it really doesn't matter about how faint the lines are.
If you are happy to splash a little money on OPK's i would massively recommend the clear blue advanced ones.
They give you 3 simple answers: a solid circle, which means your not near ovulating, then a flashing smiley, which means you are close to ovulation and then a solid smiley which means you will ovulate in the next 12-24 hours. They are much clearer to read and you only need to use them once a day with FMU.
The cheapies you have to use throughout the day. x

Agree with @chattychar1990, it’s probably too early. The line needs to be as dark or darker then the control line to be positive so I would say the one of CD6 is negative, I tend to test from 12pm, at 4 and then 8pm just to catch the surge. Can be a pain at work so I skip the 12pm and then test when I get home and before bed.
Keep going! Or as char said get the CBD tests x

You shouldn't feel silly at all. We are all learning in this journey.
The cheap OPK's can take a while to getting use to, they can be stark white at one point in the day and then you can get your positive the same day so it really doesn't matter about how faint the lines are.
If you are happy to splash a little money on OPK's i would massively recommend the clear blue advanced ones.
They give you 3 simple answers: a solid circle, which means your not near ovulating, then a flashing smiley, which means you are close to ovulation and then a solid smiley which means you will ovulate in the next 12-24 hours. They are much clearer to read and you only need to use them once a day with FMU.
The cheapies you have to use throughout the day. x
I will probably get a clear blue my next cycle! I’m on CD 14 now and all I’ve seen are very faint lines. If I get a positive within the next couple days then I’ll know I ovulate later than I thought. Who knows but I’ll need to get the digital ones next time.

Agree with @chattychar1990, it’s probably too early. The line needs to be as dark or darker then the control line to be positive so I would say the one of CD6 is negative, I tend to test from 12pm, at 4 and then 8pm just to catch the surge. Can be a pain at work so I skip the 12pm and then test when I get home and before bed.
Keep going! Or as char said get the CBD tests x
Thanks for your reply! I’ve been doing the OPKs now three times a day since I’ve been close to where I thought I would ovulate but still seeing negative tests. I’m a little surprised I haven’t seen one by now as I’m CD 14 but hopefully it’ll come soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back