Almost 16 weeks and feeling ill anyone else?

Steelers fan

Reaction score
I am 15 weeks and 4 days and feeling sick every afternoon between 3.30 -6. Last week I had the most awful tummy upset and could not move from the bathroom for a day.. I have telephoned the hospital and they keep saying take lots of fluids and don't worry but how do you not worry?
Everyone who i speak to who has children say at this stage they felt fantastic, so is something wrong?
I feel like I am slowly loosing my mind and do nothing but worry. Please tell me there are others out there the same.

Steelers fan said:
Everyone who i speak to who has children say at this stage they felt fantastic, so is something wrong?

They are lucky or lying :)

You are not loosing your mind, but try not to worry. Myself along with a hell of a lot of women, have felt crap all through pregnancy. They say in the books 'oh you only feel crap in the first trimester' but in my experience and that of a lot of women I have spoken to have felt bad throughout.

All through my pregnancy, I have felt sick, tired, sometimes constipated, depressed and many other things, I am kept going by the fact I know it's all for a good cause and won't last forever!

You are not the only one :)

Thanks for the prompt response, like you we have been trying for over 4 years and now I am actually having a baby I am worried something is going to happen all the time. I am just waiting for bad news. I have always been so optimistic about everything and now I am a raving looney! The feeling crap really does not help. Guess your excited as your baby will be with you real soon.

I was and am so paranoid too, but just learnt to try and calm down (not easy) or the whole pg would be a nightmare (a lot of it has).

Sometimes I think if I had got pg with no probs I would be less paranoid. I am still paranoid something will go wrong, although week by week all odds get better etc so you have to cling to that. It's bloody hard - this place helps as you realise just how many people feel like you and you don't feel like a freak as much. Don't get me wrong I still have my mad moments !

Am so chuffed you have a bun too after trying all that time! Will be thinking of you - keep us posted.

You are past the main milestone of 12 weeks, so things are looking really good for you :)

Am well excited and scared about the next few weeks !! Will the madness ever end.........nah we are about to be mums it's just started ;)

Hi,

Like minikins I too have been feeling really crappy throughout. I'm 20 weeks gone and still feel sick, have headaches and am really tired all the time. Am sick most mornings and it's not fun. I guess there are just some of us who unfortunetly don't get to bloom till much later (that's what I keep telling myself). I agree with the advice you've been given, drink loads of fluids. It's too easy for others to say not to worry, like minikins I worry if I don't feel anything, but worry if I do. However its your body and if you feel worried about something you have a right to speak to someone. Don't worry about looking silly or bothering people, that's what they get paid for.

Congratulation your baby, its fantastic news. believe me you will feel better, even though I feel horrible and am convinced something is going to go wrong, I am now starting to enjoy being pregnant and am not worrying as much about the twinges. This forum is a great place to chat and I hope you feel a lot better soon. Sending you a massive hug xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back