Allergy to what?

KirstyL

Reaction score
Well Jacob is 6 months old on the 21st and the other day I spoke to my HV about weaning him as he seems so hungry. Now I want to do BLW but I am initially going to 'help' him with breakfast. Anyway, the other day I gave him the cow & gate cereal and straight after eating, his face came out in a blotchy rash. The day after I tried a jar cereal and got the same rash, he'd fine with fruit purees tho?

The HV said to see my doctor which I did last week, and they have referred J to a paediatrician so just waiting for the appointment, but this evening I gave him 2 spoons of plain petit filous and got the same rash :(

I'm racking my brain as to what it could be as im now scared to feed him anything other than breast milk forever! Any ideas anybody?xx

Sent from my sexy iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Maybe dairy if it's the cereal & yoghurt?? Not sure really but hope you find out soon x

Well that's what I wondered but surely he'd get a rash when having milk too?x

Mmmmmh was gonna suggest dairy as well but the milk rules that out. Have u checked ingredients to check if there are any the same?

I haven't properly ATM, not in the petit filous anyway. The cereals have soy, wheat I think. As for the milk, he's breastfed, so surely milk is diff to cows milk, so could be dairy after all? Although saying that, wouldn't my drinking milk in tea affect him?x

I haven't properly ATM, not in the petit filous anyway. The cereals have soy, wheat I think. As for the milk, he's breastfed, so surely milk is diff to cows milk, so could be dairy after all? Although saying that, wouldn't my drinking milk in tea affect him?x

Depends how much dairy you have I would of thought, although I'm struggling to think of anything other than dairy that these foods have in common but without having a list of ingredients I front of me I'm not sure

Ok, here's a list :
First he had baby rice with breast milk - no rash
Then baby rice with formula - rash
Pure fruit purée - no rash
C&G fruity porridge with water - rash
Petit filous - rash
Jar of creamy porridge - rash

He's only ever had a couple of spoonfuls, so small amounts.

So : petit filous has : skimmed milk, cream, lactic ferments

The baby rice : just rice and vitamins

The fruity porridge: baby grade fruit, whey powder, skimmed milk powder, soya, calcium and vitimins.

So maybe it is dairy? But I drink so much milky tea and coffee, surely that would affect him too, but doesnt seem too?

Xx

It does sound like its the cows milk, maybe rather than 'dairy' it's limited to cows milk. You could maybe try and find formula that is lactose free but might be an expensive experiment, not too sure what there is on the market

He doesnt have formula so not too worried about that, I've only ever mixed food with it as hes breastfed, just worried about weaning him properly until I know for definite what he's allergic too. Better hope the appointment with the paediatrician comes through soon.xx

It's rarer but it could be one of the vitamins. My cousins little girl is allergic to calcium. - although maybe more of an intolerance as she can take very small amounts, but it means she gets reactions to strange things, like she can't 'drink' tap water.

Xxx

Hmm, i hadn't thought of that. I haven't a clue now, as random things are making his face blotchy now too, he was sucking on his rubber duck in the bath and straight after his face came up, and a few off his toys when he chews them, do the same? Guess I've gotta wait for his appointment and hope it isn't much longer.x

Keira used to projectile vomit right after feeds, and her nappies were explosive!! They only discovered it when they went abroad and used bottle water for formula instead of boiled. Initially they thought it was Flouride in the tap water.

It might be worth making a detailed diary of exactly what causes a reaction - and what else he's had during the day.

Now that K's a bit older her reactions only show if she's had too much calcium. Like she could have a cheese sandwich at lunch and be fine, but if she had ice cream at dinner the same day it causes a reaction - yet ice cream after a ham sandwich is fine. Iykwim.

Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back