All she wants to do is eat!!!

twinkles

Reaction score
My little lady is 2 weeks old, she eats good and sleeps a lot in the day, nights she was feeding every 2/3 hours but now she wants boob every hour and won't settle after a feed! She falls asleep and I put her in her crib but she is straining and pushing her belly out like she hates it on her back??? I'm not sure if she has colic because she isn't crying all the time she just won't settle but then she is straining and arms are flapping! Is this normal or is there anything I can do to help her settle???
Also everyone says it gets easier but when? When do babies get more of a routine? I thought we had a good routine feeding 2/3 hours but looks like plans have changed!!! X

Totally normal hun. for us it settled down about the 6 week mark or when milk supply is fully estabisheduntil they go through growth spurts.

How about swadling, hot water bottle in bed. im afraid you just have to go with it in the early days. it gets much easier. i wore baby in carrier during the day so i could get things done while he slept in it. babies at this age just wnt to be close to you. they do grow out of it. xx

Hi hun, it can.be just that she is establishing supply but arching back and feeding often can be symptoms of reflux (like heartburn) so keep.an eye on.her and see how it goes. Is she gaining weight well?
They.tend to feed a lot at night first because its when.prolactin is at its highest so the best time to increase supply. Unfortunately.for us lol.
But it passes

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

Got hv in Monday so will see what she weighs then, I don't mind the fresh f it's the nipples getting sore again in worried about! They are getting tender and my one side is still recovering from the damage when I started!! I'm slapping the cream on all the time! I love feeding just don't want it to become a chore or painful again! X

Hey twinkles, I don't have any advice to add as it has all been said, but just wanted to let you know you are not alone. I'm going through exact same thing and baby same age. She just won't settle at all for past three days. I am reassured it's normal that babies this age will go through this to increase our milk supply. Just need to persevere and I'm sure will all resolve in time. Just make sure she is positioned and attached correctly to avoid the nipples getting sore again. To add to it I have mastitis and feel like poo, but little one is soooo worth everything!!
Hope she settles for you soon x

Thanks hun, she's been fab all day, even went 4 hours between a feed and slept on me for 3 1/2 hours today but again bed time isn't good, she fed at 11:30pm and I put her down 12:30, she was still kicking and grumbling an hour later, shes not crying but she just won't settle, checked her bum and its was just wet, she's now fed for about 5 mins and is fast asleep on my chest, it's like she hates being on her back in her crib :( I can't just leave her, an hour was enough, I dont know if I should try again or let her sleep on my for a few hours and try again tomo ?! X

I hope she settled for you. I'm in exactly the same situation. She feeding now after feeding an hour ago and not settling in crib, she went in there didn't cry but fussed and fussed then started crying. It's so hard, I'm just too afraid for her to fall asleep on me as I'm completely exhausted! Xx

Try putting her on her side with rolled up blanket behind her back. My little one was like this. After 3 weeks like that he decided he was a tummy sleeper and used to fuss and flap until I put him on it. Xxxx

I think we have a tummy sleeper but too scared to put her on front in her crib, I can sleep with her on me....
Kept note last night...
10:30 upstairs finish feed
11pm down in crib
11:30 feed
12:20 down in crib
1:30 still kicking and grumbling and not settled, feed
1:45 half attempt to feed, asleep on chest
2:00 asleep on chest in bed with me
3:25 feed
3:40 finish asleep on me for 5 then straining in arms
4:05 up to finish feed
4:10 sleeping on shoulder
5:15 bum change feed
5:30 sleep me
6:40 Not settled, feed
6:50 asleep on me
7:10 feed
7:20

She went from 11:30 to 3:25 without a proper feed just little ones but then from then on she was up and down grumbling non stop, she's just filled her nappy but didn't at all other than wees I'm the night ...

I googled reflux and it sounds like what she has, def not colic because she doesn't cry but she just strains, she has hiccups every day and can bring up a little milk now and then after a feed.... It horrible seeing her uncomfortable and I feel useless to help x

I'd perhaps try that change in sleeping position to see if it helps. My LO has been a side sleeper from birth.

I will try that, what do I do just put a towel behind her and lay her on her side? X

Try raising head of her.moses basket/crib, it might help. So she isnt completely flat. Oh and my lo doesnt sleep on his back either, i think its uncomfortable for them

Do u put ur little one on front or side?? Or raised on back? X

I have always put him on his side. He is now big enough to choose his sleeping position so its either side or front. I could actually hear the acid coming up when he was little. And when i was changing him and he was on his back, he would always arch his back

Ok will try raising the head by putting something under mattress, if no good will try sleeping on side x

I never ever put her on her back. I was advised by the pediatrician to only put her on her side and change sides every sleep cycle.
I roll a blanket and I put behind her back and I also put a hot bottle on her feet (I saw that at the hospital all newborns had one like that) and it helps massively to settle her.
My LO arches its back too but she has colics, she may have a little reflux too (most of newborns and small Los do)
When she is completely unsettled I put her on the sofa on one of my pillows and she settles fabulous being higher (on her side also). I obviously only do that while I supervise her. Never put her on the sofa unattended or if you are sleepy.

Is she only unsettled at night? Or during the day too? I used infacol as lo was windy and it helped a lot. Observe her and see how she behaves

She will sleep in Moses basket in the day but she will slept longer on her front on me in the day x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back