Alarming and awful habit/rebellion

Princess81

Reaction score
Cameron has started making himself throw up when he's cross. Been going on for maybe 4 months. He just got really mad when I was trying to change him and stuck his fingers down his throat and hurled everywhere. Was hoping it would pass but I think he's getting worse!! :wall:

tapatalking!!

I've never heard of that, but my mum says she has. She said its a reaction thing, he probably got a reaction the first or first few times he did it and so carried on, same as biting or throwing tantrums. I'd be shocked and stunned if I were in your shoes! Apparently it's a behavioural thing so if u treat it as if he were kicking u for example (naughty step/time out whatever u normally do) he should stop, Must be pretty horrific to watch tho! xx

How often does he do it hun? How do you react?

Sounds horrid.

xxxx

Last edited:
I've read about things like that, that you should ignore the behaviour completely! Don't show any reaction! Once he knows he won't get the behaviour recognised then he should stop, or if you can quickly distract him without acknowledging him, that's also meant to work.

Jo Frost did some work around it. Xxx

It's not every time he's cross, just sometimes. I've never gauged my own reaction, it's probably a cross between :shock: and :mad: lol.
It is awful to see, I say stop it..... Stop......noooooo!! Then clear up the puke. Nightmare :(

tapatalking!!

Yeah I'll make an effort not to react.
One thing though, he's got massive tonsils and I wonder do they swell slightly when he's distressed and cause him to gag? As sometimes he just causes himself to gag without the fingers down his throat. Paeds are keeping an eye on the large tonsils :roll:

tapatalking!!

I would try to completely ignore it....I mean not even commet on clearing him uo or the floor etc etc just act like it NEVER happened...if after a few weeks id go for the next stage up and go for a time out...not naughty step...but a place to chill out. Potentially give him chill out time before hes at the point of vomit.

I will give it a try, thanks. :petal: x

tapatalking!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back