Airport

Rebecca89

Reaction score
Just a thought, am I safe to go through the X-ray scanner things at the airport if I get asked too? I always seem to end up having to go in them and I'll be flying this weekend xxx

Yes I think they are safe but just mention to them before you go through

Yes it's perfectly safe, the walk through things don't actually use x rays xxx

Its not an x ray just a metal detector. Your fine hun :) xx

Yes it's fine - I went through it when I went away at 25 weeks x

It fine to go through them , being honest I thought it was only a metal detector x

I know the walk through things are metal detectors, but they randomly pick people to have one of the, full body scan things, the ones people kick up a fuss about cos it's like being naked? Does that make sense? I'm sure they are like an X-ray scanner machine and I've had to do that at least twice before! I'll just ask before hand if I have to go through! Xxx

Oh I don't know then Hun, I've never had to go through one of those but I wouldn't risk it when pregnant i don't think. I'm pretty sure though that they wouldn't ask a pregnant lady to go through though xxx

I know the walk through things are metal detectors, but they randomly pick people to have one of the, full body scan things, the ones people kick up a fuss about cos it's like being naked? Does that make sense? I'm sure they are like an X-ray scanner machine and I've had to do that at least twice before! I'll just ask before hand if I have to go through! Xxx

If you do get asked I would just advise that you are pregnant and ask them is it safe to use x

If you are picked, explain that you are pregnant and you shouldn't have to go through. As a radiographer I would say you definitely shouldn't go through it and if it happened to me I would refuse x

Definitely don't go through. Unnecessary exposure to radiation is a definite no no during pregnancy. Exactly as Mrs CW said. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back